Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Directors Cut of a game you would like to see

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Directors Cut of a game you would like to see

Ok, experimental thread.

If you could have a Directors Cut of a game, meaning an old game revisited and updated (not just an HD remake like what's going around now), I'm talking a complete retooling of the game to make it better than it was, what would you want to see?

I'll go first:

Metal Gear Solid 2. I am a huge fan, and I think it's a great game but if Kojima would go back to it and cut down the Codec sequences and tighten things up a bit it would achieve greatness. For example, any of you who have played this game know that there are segments where you stare at a codec screen for upwards of 7 minutes with nothing but dialogue, however a simple 2 minute rendered cutscene could do this justice. Not to mention the overall pacing of the game. You play an area for 10 minutes, get interrupted by a 15 minute story sequence, then fight a boss for 5 minutes, then back to a cutscene. I'm all about story, especially in the MGS universe, but all of these sequences could be easily truncated for a much smoother presentation.

Also, scenes could be restored that were left on the cutting room floor due to the whole 9/11 incident that loomed over this games initial release.

So, those are my thoughts. If this is a thread that has already come to pass, someone delete it. Otherwise..... open discussion!

Thanks
    EP Points

For all games without mod support, I would like a release with mod support. The fans usually do the rest.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFave View Post
    Ok, experimental thread.

If you could have a Directors Cut of a game, meaning an old game revisited and updated (not just an HD remake like what's going around now), I'm talking a complete retooling of the game to make it better than it was, what would you want to see?

I'll go first:

Metal Gear Solid 2. I am a huge fan, and I think it's a great game but if Kojima would go back to it and cut down the Codec sequences and tighten things up a bit it would achieve greatness. For example, any of you who have played this game know that there are segments where you stare at a codec screen for upwards of 7 minutes with nothing but dialogue, however a simple 2 minute rendered cutscene could do this justice. Not to mention the overall pacing of the game. You play an area for 10 minutes, get interrupted by a 15 minute story sequence, then fight a boss for 5 minutes, then back to a cutscene. I'm all about story, especially in the MGS universe, but all of these sequences could be easily truncated for a much smoother presentation.

Also, scenes could be restored that were left on the cutting room floor due to the whole 9/11 incident that loomed over this games initial release.

So, those are my thoughts. If this is a thread that has already come to pass, someone delete it. Otherwise..... open discussion!
    Developers would have to spend money, we don't want that .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Festers Quest!

Serious.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SOR 3...?

Unless the director was ALREADY responsible for the way it turned out in the first place...

Thanks
    EP Points

I am one of the people who actually liked Shadow Dancer on the Genesis/Mega Drive, and I would want it retooled in 3D; but with simple, arcade style controls hearkening back to the days of the original. None of this Rigmarole that requires an hour long in-game tutorial.

Thanks

I've got to second MGS2, or any MGS game, really. Though personally I wouldn't want the Codec sequences shortened, I never minded their length. Though I would very much like a way to PAUSE cutscenes and codec conversations.

Thanks

I'd go with Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and I know there was already a ps2 version, which I played and hated more than the gba version. I know they used the card system because the combat wouldn't be able to be replicated properly on the gba, but with 3d and voiced scenes the ps2 remake should have just went back to the normal 3d action combat instead of using cards to make everything you do harder. A complete remake/remaster of KH I & II (with Final Mix's features) in HD would also be great.

Also, a handheld quality Pokemon game on the WiiU.

Thanks

I'd go for Pokemon Stadium. With all the new Pokemon and the games that could be achieved, a director's cut would be worth it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Earthbound. or Banjo kazooie. Especially since it's the only Mother game released here, so that would be nice.

Thanks
    EP Points

im going to say it here and now: shadow hearts covenant directors cut never made it to the us. granted it was an awsome game but i want the extra dungeon. plus yuri's ending should be tweaked (the bad one didnt seem like him)

Thanks

The Leisure Suit Larry Series in full 3D glory!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Graeystone For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Festers Quest!

Serious.

i have to agree, that would be pretty epic.

for me... the baldur's gate games, planescape torment, icewind dale games, KOTOR 1 and II (two especially... because **** lucasarts for making them rush that), and i'm sure there are others but i can't think of them really. but of those, i'd have to say a really finished KOTOR II would be the number one for me. the game was amazing until the last couple of hours where it basically fell off a cliff.
    Insanity: that which makes things not boring.

Thanks
    EP Points

Secret Of Mana. It was originally planned for the Snes-Cd Add-on for the Snes,which was dropped & we all know it became the PSX.
    A lot of content from the original was stripped down due to memory restrictions of the cartridge. So i only wish i get to see the original Secret Of Mana including the original content & with some FMV's for the various events in the game.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks

Jade Cocoon. It was practically a perfect game but could certainly do some touch ups with animation and load time. There was a lot of slow play due to the system used to make the game. The sequel smooth out the gameplay, but removed the original cool factor. If it wasn't for that, it would be in the top 10 for me.

Mechwarrior 1-3+Mechcommander series. 4 was pretty much the best of the series (5/MMO withstanding since it isn't really out) and 1-3 need an update for true appreciation. If they could used 4's graphics with 1-3 storyline, would be wicked awesome. The Mechcommander series itself suffer from a lot of UI issues as well as AI, so being able to update that would make it worth having installed 24/7.
    Don't ya hate it when people neg rep you, but don't have the gall to tell you themselves?

http://momsbasementpodcast.blogspot.com/ <----Me podcast about Tabletop RPGs