Thread: Burning problem with a specific PS1 game

Thanks

Default Burning problem with a specific PS1 game

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroShika
    Hi all!
    I need help for this game: http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...(Disc_1)/52219
    I tried to burn it following this topic: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-And-APE-Guide
    Every tries I made failed, after running the "Sony" Screen on the TV, my PSone don't show anything else.

I follow this passages:
    1) Unpack the archive with the .ecm file
    2) Move the .ecm file on "unecm" to obtain the .bin file
    3) Take the missing cue sheet from "Cue's and Sbi's" archive
    4) Open cue sheet with ImgBurn and burn on the CD with Write Speed Setting on 1x (my CD burner write at min 4x)

Someone could help me to understand what is wrong? Thanks you all!
    Create your own thread first then I can help you

I actually know what the issue is, but I can't give you help while you are leaching on to another members help thread, just make a new thread and I will tell you how to make the game work.
    Sorry Zorlon, I don't want to leach anything, but in other forums I attend, moderators invite people to write all similar problem in a same thread and then they delete without answer the duplicate ones: it's only a problem of habits. I'm so sorry if I hurt someone, it wasn't my intention to be unfair... I repeat, I'm so sorry!

Then, I put above in my quote the problem that I would like to solve, I hope someone could help me. Thank you! See you!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thank you for posting in a new thread

The game you are trying to burn and play is copy protected

Your burning method is fine though

What you need is a patch for the game I will attach that to this post for you

I also attached an up to date patch engine as the one supplied may not work with your system

The patch is only for disc 1 so you must use the in-game swap rather than saving at the end and booting disc 2, instead you will need to boot from disc 1 even if you are on disc 4, but when you load a disc 4 save you are prompted to change discs at that point and will do so without rebooting the console

A bit annoying to be honest most patches for this game have a patch for all 4 discs but it isn't needed though I guess, there are only 2 patches for the (I) version of this game one has trainers (cheats) the other does not both are only for disc 1 though (the one I uploaded does not have the trainer, half the time the trainers make the games bug out so not really worth it)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-July-2013 at 01:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I finished just now to make a try patching and burning the Disc 1 and finally it works on my PSone! Thanks Zorlon!

However I have to do other questions now:
    1) in "ff8it.zip" I found a readme file wrote in italian that says that "you must apply patch to all four discs of the game, otherwise you will start only with disc 1" (obviously I translate); what do you think about it? Perhaps this patch should avoid that annoying swap of discs or not? What do you suggest me? Better burn other 3 discs without patch?
    2) after this release I would try the next one: http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...(Disc_1)/52186. Are there a protection problem as the previous?

Thanks for all you're doing to help me. See you!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can test the patch out on Disc 2 and try it in an emulator like ePSXe and see if it boots before and after patching

Just set the emulator so it uses the software plugin PEOpS soft for video and run the cue file from run ISO

So you can check for yourself http://www.reocities.com/timessquare/dragon/3926/ has a good list of PSX games with copy protection also www.redump.org has copy protection listed for some games

As it happens the game in question is not listed on the first site but it is on the second site, it using what is known as LibCrypt protection that is very tricky to bypass

I don't know of any patches for the italian version or even any bypass codes

The game can be played via emulation only (an sbi file required (sbi is sub channel data)) if your mod chip can't bypass the protection (I know it can't if it can't with FF8 as that also used LibCrypt)

the main reason it is hard to crack is because it uses sub data that can't be burned so must be told to ignore sub data information that is stamped into a none standard part of the disc that average burners can't burn on to CD-R media in general you only ever get sub data on pressed CD's that are made different to burning, even if you could burn sub data it would not stop the copy protection from working there is a little more to it than that (something a few years back was thought by many could solve copy protection but it didn't as a few Disc ripping programs can read sub data).

The only patches that exist are for PAL versions are for the English, French, German and Spanish versions of FF9, the NTSC-U version has no protection though but is only english

If you are wanting a patch for any of the others though let me know I will dig them out for you.

There is a boot CD called Import Player Lite but I am sure it can't bypass LibCrypt though, it bypass protection but not the LibCrypt type
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-July-2013 at 16:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I made the test on Disc 2 of FFVIII and everything is gone ok, then I burn it on a CD and it works well on PSone
    I also choose "New game" from Disc 2 and, when it says me to "Insert Disc 1", I swap the CDs and the game was able to read Disc 1 without rebooting the console.

Instead, for FFIX I made a search in italian forums and I found two things:
    - some people say that Italian ISO works if you apply French patch;
    - I found a new patch for the Italian ISO designed to put the game on PSP.

I made a try with this new patch, so I took file. bin for Disc 1, apply the patch, burn the CD using the .cue file, and the I put the Disc on the console: the game works!!!
    I play until the arrive in "Evil forest" without a problem, and I could continue to play!
    So I replied the procedure with Disc 2, and then I tried to start a new game from it, and, well, after swapping discs, PSone began to load for several minutes, but the screen of TV was locked on black.
    What do you think about this patch? Should it be good? Or Is a problem, as you told me in a your previous reply, this infinite loading when swapping CDs?
    Should I make a try with French patch or better take the English PAL version of the game with relative patch?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I honestly don't know if it will work or not without actually testing for myself.

I think it is worth a try if you are really interested in playing the game in Italian though, that is exactly what I would do

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

If you want to understand something more I can attach the archive with the patch or insert link to the page where I found it.
    It should help someone with my same problems!

However, I decide to patch other discs and burn them to keep all ready when I will have more time to play the game: the first disc seems to work perfectly, the only problem could be to pass from the end of a disc to the begin of another; if I will be lucky, I will save the game at the end of a disc and I will reboot the console with the next one inside, otherwise if the game will be locked, I will throw away these discs and I will check out the English PAL version.

Zorlon, I want to thank you so much for all you tell me, you have helped me understanding how all these things work, and I really appreciated your kindness! Thank you for all!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Attaching the patch files is a very good idea that way if anyone does have the same problem they can find the patches here

It makes me happy that you are happy

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

This is the archive with the patch for FFIX (I):
    crk-ff9ita.zip

I take it from there:
    http://www.androidiani.com/forum/and...-con-fpse.html

Enjoy! Bye!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RetroShika For This Useful Post: