Thread: One piece: Is there a good game of it out there?

Thanks

Unhappy One piece: Is there a good game of it out there?

Hello there.

It's been a while now since my girl asked me casually to find a good One Piece game for her to play on the PC. She has played a couple GBA and Nintendo DS games of it, but they weren't satisfying (and in japanese -.-) so she has turned to me to get her a game that makes her feel the emotion of the series and has a good, solid gameplay (and is not in japanese).

We are both gigantic fans of One Piece so I gave myself to the task believing it couldn't be so hard (I'm quite adept at searching the web for software and info and in fact I find and sell pc videogames, movies, software and full series on my school to make an extra cash).

Unfortunatelly I have been unable to find such a thing. I have been to a lot of blogs and forums and all of the common, well known download and torrent/magnet sites, but to no avail (I'm unsure about external site naming rules, so I won't tell).

If anyone could help me find this white whale of gaming I would be very thankfull.

It's to be noted that both our computers are good ones, with 2GB RAM, 4.6 MHz processor, but with no video card (we are cheap in that way), so we only have the standar 64-120 MB integrated video and no hardware acceleration, so we can't play PS3 or similar games.

We do have a xbox360 so that would an option too, but I don't think there any one piece titles for it.

Thank you in advance for any time you could spare to help me

Thanks
    Blog Entries

make it more specific,which genre-shooting,fighting,RPG,action/adventure,Racing? then it would be more easy to help you out.

Thanks

well, I don't really have any specific genre in mind. I don't think there are any shooters of one piece though. Any way, any genre will do as long as it's a good game and can be played on the PCs/consoles mentioned.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Most One Piece games are crap... The best entries were the Gamecube/Wii games, and Dolphin is relatively easy to emulate (although I don't know offhand if you can by your specs, check yourself). So that's:
    One Piece Grand Battle
    One Piece Grand Adventure
    One Piece Unlimited Adventure

Avoid Pirates' Carnival, it's supposed to suck. Also, you can find PS2 ports of the Grand games, if you'd prefer. They're not widely liked as much, but I don't know if they're actually worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tusar View Post
    make it more specific,which genre-shooting,fighting,RPG,action/adventure,Racing? then it would be more easy to help you out.
    WTF, how can you know so many good One Piece games that you'd need to filter the results?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, firstly, TYVM Ragnar. for taking the time to answer to my plea. Secondly, I took the time to check your recommendations before posting and I did managed to install dolphin 2.0 and run One piece Grand adventure on my minilap, (my own PC crashed and burned recently T_T). It goes very slowly (as to be expected), but sound, graphics and gameplay seems nice (a bit simple, but still very satisfying) and my girls PC is like 3 times more powerful than my minilap so it should work just fine.

So, then again, Thanks a lot for your help. You have made my girl very happy (that didn't sounded well....).

I consider my question answered, so.... is there someone I should tell to close this thread or shoud I just leave it alone?

P.D. I apologize for any spelling errors. english is not my native language

Thanks
    EP Points

This one ain't so bad, it's a fan made 2D fighting M.U.G.E.N game. It supposedly not released yet, so I'm not sure what the download contains. Maybe one of the betas.

ONE PIECE COLOSSEUM (MUGEN)

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Pino Pacheco View Post
    or shoud I just leave it alone?
    We usually do that when a thread is seemingly done. Locking it is a bit, melodramatic.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Fuck yeah! I love One Piece.

The Best OP game I have played was One Piece: Grand Adventure. Granted, you have to put up with the shitty 4kids voice actors, but the gameplay is awesome. Large cast, you can mix support characters, ect. I think it is the best Grand Battle game out there today.

As for current OP games, Gigant Battle 2 for the DS is ok. It also has a large cast, but lack old playable characters. They appear as support though.(fighting)

If you have a PS3, you can buy Pirate Warriors on PSN soon. I'm surprised NB is releasing it in America. If you own a wii, You can get Unlimited Cruise ep 1 and 2. They take a while to beat, since it is an action RPG.