Thread: Newb bash me please...

Thanks

Default Newb bash me please...

hey emu gurus its my first day here so im ready for the ripping...

Ok here it goes im having a really hard time getting Demul to work.. Now iam not by any means a first time emulator user. in fact I have every single game system i could want aside from dreamcast working great... I tried null dc and it wont even open giving error after error. but i wanted demul anyway for its wii emulation.

so here is what i have and hopefully all you need to know about my setup.

its just a laptop. core duo running windows 7 ultimate.

dot net fx installed up to date.
    direct x installed up to date.
    ms c++ runtime installed all versions up to 2010.

now the problem is there is not any step by step setup instructions in english for demul anywhere...

i have the latest 057 release. and all the info i found said to make a rom folder in the main demul folder and place the bios and game inside.
    then map the gd rom to a daemon tools lite drive....
    so did all that and nothing..

I need specifics here for dummies ok.. step by step please this is driving me crazy. thanks for any help...

then i read that the dc bios belong in the main folder with emulator... did that folders zipped and unzipped... i heard the bios needed to be in the same folder as the roms for arcade games did that... nothing works with this emu for me. ..in the end i had bios zipped and unzipped in every folder in the emulator folder and still had no love. also the cdi games i had attempted to mount in daemon tools lite just show up as audio cds... ive spent hours and hours on demul to no avail. joining this forum is my last ditch effort...

I have dumped so many roms and bios to have every system up and running on my pc so i can closet all the consoles and have full featured emulator dock right on my laptop.. the results are epic but im lacking the dreamcast and that sucks...

oops i may have not said some things right above as its been a few days since i messed with demul...
    i realized the bios do not have a bios folder but instead go into a "Roms" folder. that is where they are by now i have downloaded a fresh demul copy and made a Roms folder inside. i then placed the dreamcast bios in the roms folder unzipped. the bios were downloaded from emuparadise and include several bios files and a boot cd of some kind all were plaed in the roms folder...

i also forgot that i had gotten the dreamcast bios to run at one point and saw the swirl come up... but i still dont understand what to do with the games when mounted if i try to configure the gd rom path to the daemon tools virtual drive it asks for a cdh image but the games are cdi... and the virtual drive just thinks they are music cd's...just not getting it.

Problem solved! so here it is for anyone who missed the details like i did.

step 1 after downloading and extracting demul create a "roms" folder in the main demul folder.

step 2 place bios files in the roms folder.. this is where i had problems because i kept getting incorrect bios files. the bios files must be .zip and be named correctly. .bin files do not work. the files are named "dc" "awbios" "naomi" "naomi2" "mie" "saturn" "hakari" and they must have a ".zip" extension.

step 3 configure plugins. video audio pad ect.. note you must have the gd rom plugin set to "gdr image"

step 4 configure "gd rom" as the path to your cdi file.

step 5 "run dc"

i have also gotten the atomiswave games working by using the decrypted rom button. map it to the aw game you want to play then click run aw again and select the game in the list.

however im still stumped on running the naomi games anyone????
    Last edited by ibleedspeed; 30th-July-2012 at 06:34.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Umm, please don't double post. If you have something more to add, simply use the edit button on your post.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here