Thread: Weird Graphics Error When Playing Conker's BFD on Project64

Thanks

Red face Weird Graphics Error When Playing Conker's BFD on Project64

When I play Conker's Bad Fur Day on Project64, I keep getting things like this at random points in some of the cutscenes. I've tried 2 different ROMs and it still happens. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm going to be making a Let's Play of this game, and I don't want things like this to happen in it. Thanks for helping.

~ Balthazar
    Last edited by SergeantBalthazar; 28th-July-2012 at 22:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

IIRC,that is a common issue with this specific game (I think it was mentioned in the original compatibility list that came with the emulator), or a least when playing it on Project 64.

As of right now, the only suggestion that I can give is to use a different emulator, or at least use a different version of PJ64.
    Sorry I can't be of more help, but I have been looking for an answer to this for a while, and have yet to find one.

EDIT:
    Try Mupen64Plus, it seems to be the most recent emulator.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 30th-July-2012 at 10:27.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

Use a different version of Jabos plugin, i.e., 1.7 in PJ64 1.7 which can be found here; http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_6...ws/Project64/2
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried that years ago, and it made no difference. Just tried it again... And it made no difference.
    That's why I would really stress trying a different emulator. The game is playable from start to finish, but probably not what most people would call LP worthy.

There are also other plugins that work with PJ64 if you want to look into that.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    I tried that years ago, and it made no difference. Just tried it again... And it made no difference.
    That's why I would really stress trying a different emulator. The game is playable from start to finish, but probably not what most people would call LP worthy.
    Surprisingly then I was able to play Conkers Bad Fur Day on PJ64 1.6 with the default plugins and no glitches :/ not sure why else it would not work like that other than broken/outdated video drivers as a longshot.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

I think in P64 if you press F1, there are fixes for some games and I *think* this game had a fix too iirc.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Surprisingly then I was able to play Conkers Bad Fur Day on PJ64 1.6 with the default plugins and no glitches :/ not sure why else it would not work like that other than broken/outdated video drivers as a longshot.
    Then you have experienced a fucking miracle, my friend. There are multiple glitches listed in the Game FAQ (what I called the compatibility list earlier), the most notable being "static (coloured dots) around screen edge" and "new pixel pipeline in v1.6 sometimes shows level of detail on textures wrongly (textures repeat more than they should)". Although there is no mention of a full-screen blur out like SergeantBalthazar and I had.

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I think in P64 if you press F1, there are fixes for some games and I *think* this game had a fix too iirc.
    Not unless your idea of a fix is watching the "Mature Audiences Only" screen over again (F1 restarts the emulator, ).

The only fix given in Game FAQ is to "Use legacy pixel pipeline", which can be found at Game FAQ ---> Introduction ---> Common Procedures, and that didn't help me in the slightest so, .
    Last edited by Alakazander; 2nd-August-2012 at 09:43.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)