Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Anime you watched

Thanks

Dragon Ball Z back when I lived in Japan as a kid, loved it even though it was sub titled and couldn't really read it. Then My Neighbor Totoro when we came back to the states and eventually Akira and Evangelion on DVD.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not going to consider anything I watched as a kid, IE: Random adult swim, nickolodeon ports ect.

I would have to say clannad, but for some odd reason. I feel like I saw Kiddy Grade first. But I can't recall, I'm 99% sure it was the clannad series. And from there I was hooked.

Thanks
    EP Points

Cowboy Bebop was my first anime and to be honest, there hasn't been to many other anime's that can capture my attention and keep it.

Thanks

first anime i guess is Poke'mon if ya really want that to count, i don't think it does. So the first REAL anime i watched was Trigun XD go figure with a name like this one XD

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know if was Dragonball or Saint Seiya, but the former I remember watching the movies before the series came to TV

Thanks
    EP Points

Ninja Senshi Tobikage (aka Ninja Robots). Watched it a long a time ago maybe 15 years back. Still admire it in my memories.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Naruto

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Since I don't count Pokemon or Yugioh since I first watched them when I was little and didnt separate cartoons from anime, Death Note was the first.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chop Top View Post
    The first serious anime I watched that wasn't some kids TV show (Transformers/Voltron/Mysterious Cities of Gold. Was either Akira or Venus Wars. I can't remember for the life of me which one I watched first. But I remember watching them on the SciFi channel's week of anime that they use to have on back in the day. I can't remember how old I was, but I think it was before junior high.
    Very first one I saw was Venus Wars. It was on the week of anime that you were referring to during the summer of 1993. I was in Junior High, and I had seen snippets of anime in Heavy Metal magazine (they had ads for Fist of the North Star and Vampire Hunter D) and was fascinated by it. Especially the "Not for Kids" warning all over the ads, haha. Anyway, caught Venus Wars the first night of their anime week, then saw Project A-Ko, Tank Police, Demon City Shinjuku and Vampire Hunter D. Akira world broadcast was late the following August. Why do I remember that? It aired 2 days before my birthday, and I'll never forget the mind-fuck that Akira was.

Thanks

The first anime I saw, when I knew that it was an anime, it was Martian Successor Nadesico (known in Japan as Mobile Battleship Nadeshiko). Space war anywhere! ...... While the ship is powerful and its crew consists of the top civilian experts in their fields, these individuals tend to have "some slight personality disorders".

The opening song you get to burning, it's great.
    Last edited by Inokura; 30th-September-2012 at 06:23.

Thanks

I guess Naruto... but I got more serious when I started watching Bleach, darn it I wanted to re-watch the series... *
    REPENT! FOR I AM THE END OF TIMES!

Thanks
    EP Points

Kare Kano (also known as "His and Her cirumstances").

Thanks

Dragonball Z was, followed by Sailor Moon, then everything that came on Toonami. The very first anime that I actually watched while knowing about the whole Anime culture thing was Bleach.

Thanks

Hmm, used to watch Digimon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Card Captor Sakura, on the morning show every day as a kid. But I didn't really think of them as 'anime' persay. Just like as cartoons. (What! I was like 5-6. lol)

The first 'anime' that I watched and knowing it was anime was Naruto, sometime in 2003-4. It was on youtube. Those were the days~ Back when I was a weeaboo~ >o<;

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember my first anime with clarity, because it was what got me into anime in the first place. It was Vampire Hunter D and I saw it when I was like 8. After that I started watching Ronin Warriors, I remember I would get up at 7am to watch it every morning it was on. There was another one I watched around that time too, but I can't remember the name of it. Something to do with Gears like in Xenogears, and the main characters name was Slade. Anyone know the name of it?