Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Anime you watched

Thanks
    EP Points

The first anime I can remember seeing was probably the Galaxy Express 999 movies on some obscure late-night program when I was about 7. The whole replacing human bodies with machines idea definitely caught my interest

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    eck, Poke'Mon..... the games are great, TCG pretty good, and the show needs a major overhaul before they release another one...
    Agreed. I recently acquired the whole first season and I seriously don't remember the show being so ridiculously cheesy. Of course, the last time I watched it regularly I was probably about 10 so that might explain it.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    The first anime I can remember seeing was probably the Galaxy Express 999 movies on some obscure late-night program when I was about 7. The whole replacing human bodies with machines idea definitely caught my interest

Agreed. I recently acquired the whole first season and I seriously don't remember the show being so ridiculously cheesy. Of course, the last time I watched it regularly I was probably about 10 so that might explain it.

i had the entire first season, i can't remember what i did with it now.... i got a bunch of them on VHS from a thrift store cheap, and i returned them to the thrift store. now i'm thinking i need to start putting more on craigslist... my mother thinks that things like that won't sell but they can and do. i just get tired of her doing her thing at me (she nods vehemently and speaks slowly, like i'm 2 or something in some videogame without decent lipsyc) and give in... probably cost me a few hundred bucks by doing that......................

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's a short one I saw around the same time as the other; I think it was on MTV back in the day:

Thanks

I think mine was Pokemon... And unfortunately, I think I liked it. Looking at it now, I see how cheesy and hilariously silly it is.
    Oh, the foolish child I was...

Thanks

Trigun

Thanks
    EP Points

The first anime I ever watched aired on a local station here, Monster Rancher.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

Why do Pokemon and YuGiOh count but not Avatar? Just cause it's American made with an over the top budget and not available in Japanese? Seriously, I've never understood the "Avatar is not an anime" claims.

Well I won't highjack the thread or anything. I don't remember for sure if I saw Pokemon first or not, but the one that really drew me in to anime in general was Card Captors. It would be another few years before I discovered the original Japanese version Card Captor Sakura. It's still one of my favorites today.

Thanks

Hmmmmm.....do Speed Racer/Racer X count? Black Ox/Mazinger?

I watched various things like these in the 70s, then a few handfuls of films in the 80s. Didnt really become hooked on anything until I began seeing DragonBall, dubbed in Spanish, on late-nite TV in the late 80s....I was 13-15 at the time.
    A bit later, when I first saw the Sagas with the (Spanish dubbed, again) "Head-Cha-La" intros, I was blown-away...we were all hooked in my neighboorhood.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Here's a short one I saw around the same time as the other; I think it was on MTV back in the day:

I prefer this version .

Pokemon, I think.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Dragonball Z was my first

but then again, i was a big Toonami Fanatic at the time, and i was like 5 anyways DX

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Pokémon, I remember that I watched it since before I was 5 years old. Don't know how I remember it, seeing as I barely remember anything from before 2007...
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks

Only thing that comes to mind is Blue Seed, it sucked but it did encourage me to find other animes.

Thanks

Inu-Yasha. It's what pulled me into the anime world.

Thanks
    EP Points

First TV show was Voltron and movie was Akira

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Necrovarium View Post
    The first I ever watched, accidentally, was Dragon Ball, and it was when I was 7 years old. It played randomly on Saturday mornings at 7 a.m. on Fox. How did this get popular with such a ridiculous time slot? It's not bad, and it's a far different tonal shift compared to D.B.Z.
    I started off with Dragon Ball as well. I used to wake up really early in the morning and watch it and Sailor Moon while my mom was asleep. I was 5. XD I remember always talking about both of them at school.

Watched both series again uncut when I was older and my god. o__o