Thread: Using cheats in PCSX2 0.9.8

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How to use cheats in PCSX2 0.9.8?

I know there are some pnach files for games, but I'm not sure how to use them.

Isn't there a way to just apply codes directly [and with the game running] without the use of pnach files or running codebreaker?... Anyway, help using pnach, creating one or just activating/adding codes is very helpful.

I'm planning on using cheats on KH1, KHreCoM, and KH2 [possibly final mix]. If anyone has codes to share, please do too!
    Last edited by yanazake; 24th-July-2012 at 22:02. Reason: fixed topic title
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, using pnachs is quite simple, actually. You can get cheat codes for your games here:http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-...patches-here#K

Then, put the pnach file in your "cheats" folder and go to system->activate cheats or something similar on pcsx2 and you are set.

Remember that your pnach must be named after the CRC of the game you want to play or it won't work (the CRC can be found in the description of the game title if you follow my link). For example, the crc for KH2:FM would be: F266B00B

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh gee, that would be simple, and I wouldn't need to worry about activating stuff like widescreen or inf health all the time. Pretty good. Problem is, I can't find any pnach file for KH1. I'll look into making one... But what about button combinations for enabling cheats? I might need some when I play KH2fm [enabling forms whenever I want... :p]
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-PS4- Deliciouser
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now

Thanks
    EP Points

Damn, I was using Action Replay Max Evo iso to run codes in KH1. It worked once, but the emulator bugged up and crashed to desktop.
    I thought "it's ok, this is common on emulators", and did the whole process again.

Now, for some reason, AR max evo doesn't load the game after I've selected the codes! It makes no sense!

-PS4- Deliciouser