Thread: Final Fantasy 5/Anthology w/ EPSXE issues

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy 5/Anthology w/ EPSXE issues

So I wanted to get a crack at FF5 since I owned the disc and had an emulator urge going on, but I'm having some issues w/ FF5 from Anthology and EPSXE/PEC.

What I first noticed is the codes I got for FF5 weren't functioning w/ PEC, and while trying to troubleshoot that, it lead to a second problem:

It seems to have a frequent habit of crashing when it should be going to the opening "Load game" screen.

Given I didn't see the second until I noticed the first, I'm unsure if they are related or not, but even when I do the "disable cheating" option, it will still crash upon attempting to load that first screen, but it hasn't done it EVERY time. so I"m not sure what's going on here, and I figured someone hereabouts might have an idea.

In a totally un-related note, I also have audio freak outs in BOF 3 when I get the characters to use skills, if anyone has an insight on that too that'd be nifty. May make another thread for that later.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You must use tbe -i command in epsxe to run Final Fantasy 5 and for the cheats the in battle that are in the pec codelist works others i don't know

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To use PEC once it's intstalled: open ePSXe, go to Config menu, go to Video, select PEC plugin. Now if you press Config, you will be able to set the video plugin you will be using. If you check the other tabs, you will see a slider for Code Refresh Rate, this might solve your problem if your codes don't work. Try moving it left 1/3 to 1/2 of the way.

As for the crashing, we need to know basic system info, video plugin and settings, audio plugin. If you haven't set a video plugin yet, see above.^^^

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    You must use tbe -i command in epsxe to run Final Fantasy 5 and for the cheats the in battle that are in the pec codelist works others i don't know
    I'm generally familiar with - command switches for adding on to shortcuts & whatnot, but what is the tbe part?

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    To use PEC once it's intstalled: open ePSXe, go to Config menu, go to Video, select PEC plugin. Now if you press Config, you will be able to set the video plugin you will be using. If you check the other tabs, you will see a slider for Code Refresh Rate, this might solve your problem if your codes don't work. Try moving it left 1/3 to 1/2 of the way.

As for the crashing, we need to know basic system info, video plugin and settings, audio plugin. If you haven't set a video plugin yet, see above.^^^
    Yeah I have the PEC functional on every other game I've done with it in the last week or 2, but FF5 is the only one so far that it isn't functioning. I found one other mention of someone else having the issue via google, but there was no resolution within the thread, so it didn't help me any unfortunately. I'll try the code refresh rate, and I guess see if i can figure out the tbe -i business, maybe that'll help as well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm thinking he hit the b key instead of h. "You must use the -i command..."

Thanks

I suppose that would make sense.

In any event, after fenagling some, I figured out the problem was actually related to me going to the memory card interface in general, as if I could get it to load, it would also crash some when I went to save. So I figured I'd just use save states instead, and things seem to have run fine.

Now that I have the world map though, that key will also crash the game now. So I think I may just give up on this one, wasn't enjoying it enough to keep messing w/ this.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seroster View Post
    I suppose that would make sense.

In any event, after fenagling some, I figured out the problem was actually related to me going to the memory card interface in general, as if I could get it to load, it would also crash some when I went to save. So I figured I'd just use save states instead, and things seem to have run fine.

Now that I have the world map though, that key will also crash the game now. So I think I may just give up on this one, wasn't enjoying it enough to keep messing w/ this.
    I'd say try the GBA version of FF5, the japanese to english translation is better anyway. Also this game does start off a bit slow but picks up later, and the class system is awesome
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The use of the -i command is for use the emulator in interpreter mode is needed for some games to run ePSXe.exe -i

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    The use of the -i command is for use the emulator in interpreter mode is needed for some games to run ePSXe.exe -i
    You forgot to tell him how to initiate said switch without using the command line each time.

To OP: If you're still interested in trying to get the PS1 one to work, right click your ePSXe shortcut, find the textbox where it says "target" or something similar, and add the -i to the end of the directory path.

For example if it says "C:\games\epsxe\epsxe.exe" you would make it,

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. With the -i switch outside of the path contained in quotation marks; this part is important.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look into some other emulators on emuparadise. PSX might work better for FF5 and I think it only needs BIOS copied from your ePSXe/BIOS folder.