Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What sort of anime do you watch?

Thanks
    EP Points

Gravitation, man. Gravitation. I had a chick try to convince me to watch that once. I got as far as looking at the box art.

Thanks
    EP Points

try watching "the wallflower" i watched episode one and am half ashamed to say i thought it was funny

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    try watching "the wallflower" i watched episode one and am half ashamed to say i thought it was funny

@Colamisu: The fuck did I just...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Saa~. I watch less anime than I used to, to be perfectly honest. Most of the anime that I watch now is josei, though I will still admit the occasional magical girl anime. I wonder if my tastes matured, or if I just lost some tolerance for things I once willingly sat through (example: among my first anime were Love Hina and Chobits; nowadays, I'm rather less sanguine regarding CLAMP, and won't touch Ken Akamatsu works with a ten-foot pole). Then again, perhaps my tastes have always been like that; I tracked down DearS for a friend, and his first advice to me after watching it was that I should never watch it because I wouldn't like it at all. I think it's also gotten a bit more demanding as I've grown to understand history and politics: Mouretsu Pirates' optimism and white-washed view of privateering and piracy, for instance, tends to irritate me in what otherwise feels like a very hard piece, though I would have never noticed those weaknesses in something that actually cared less about realism (like, for instance, Irresponsible Captain Tylor or Soukou no Strain; it's very hard to take anything in the former seriously, and the latter is just so weirdly "Frances Burnett meets Gundam" even if you ignore the really strange middle episode).

Some anime I've seen and absolutely loved (as in, in the last half-decade or so): Jellyfish Princess, Kimi ni Todoke, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Planetes, Nodame Cantabile, Dennou Coil, Honey and Clover. Older ones that I will still aggressively seek out are Full Moon wo Sagashite, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Angelic Layer, Haibane Renmei, Petite Princess Yucie, and Utena. Maison Ikkoku is amazingly good for its day, a few episodes aside, and I still see the charm in Kimagure Orange Road. On the mecha side, Gundam is less and less interesting to me (my favorites still being Wing and 08th MS Team), while Visions of Escaflowne and Magic Knight Rayearth are still lovely, but not so much because of the magic-versus-technology aspect that this implies - rather, I dislike Gundam's naive and simplistic politics more and more. I got spoiled on Code Geass, and was so irritated that I could never watch it.
    Oh, and when I saw Victorian Romance Emma in an anime catalog, I practically squee~d.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

LOGH is my favourite anime easily.

Also, I read josei and immediately thought of Honey and Clover as well as Nodame Cantabile. Really enjoyed those two.

Looked up the last one you mentioned. Definitely giving that a watch. Planetes is one I always considered watching but never got around to.

A new show I picked up is Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Starts off a bit lame but gets good. I think it's something you might be interested in.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Gravitation, man. Gravitation. I had a chick try to convince me to watch that once. I got as far as looking at the box art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsco View Post

@Colamisu: The fuck did I just...

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

hopefully everyones anime knowledge will serve them well for i have revived a thread i made before he rollback and never remade!

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...66#post1533066

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

I really got into both renditions of the Fullmetal Alchemist series; I thought they were terrific, and I tend to get into mech anime as well, but sometimes the stories can be a little silly. As far as some anime go, though, I never found the appeal of things like Ranma 1/2 or Urotsukidoji. I have then tendency to avoid having tentacles on my t.v. screen and things which involved tentacles on my t.v. screen at all costs, unless I'm eating squid or octopus or it's on a cooking show.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Good anime.

That's my only real requirement. Except I'd probably never watch a yaoi. A series with homosexual male relationships, sure, but not a yaoi.
    To be fair, most Yaoi relationships bear about as much resemblance to actual gay relationships as, well, I don't really have a metaphor for it. They're not stories about gay couples, they're stories about standard shojou heterosexual pairings that use the framing of a gay couple in order to make the whole thing less threatening.

Thanks
    EP Points

I also like any anime based on Steampunk theme. Prime example are Steamboy (thumbs up), Last Exile series, Hawl's Moving Castle (or most of Studio Ghiblis' anime are steampunk).
    Nowadays, I always terrified with the fact that most Japanese anime are so lame and full of "girls". Sometimes, I define them as "gay anime". Any man who watch this kind of anime are pathetic and has the mindset of gay. I'm not being offensive if you're one of them, it just my personal opinion and it keep on bugging my head for a while; I just need the answer of why peoples (especially straight man) watching this kind of anime?
    Last edited by Muscab; 17th-July-2012 at 10:08.

Thanks

My prefered animes: Claymore, Noir, Madlax, Berserk, Heldenlied, Darker then Black, Ghost in the Shell, Witchblade
    just an ordinary gamer grrrl

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necrovarium View Post
    I really got into both renditions of the Fullmetal Alchemist series; I thought they were terrific, and I tend to get into mech anime as well, but sometimes the stories can be a little silly. As far as some anime go, though, I never found the appeal of things like Ranma 1/2 or Urotsukidoji. I have then tendency to avoid having tentacles on my t.v. screen and things which involved tentacles on my t.v. screen at all costs, unless I'm eating squid or octopus or it's on a cooking show.
    what about spongebob? squidward?

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    I also like any anime based on Steampunk theme. Prime example are Steamboy (thumbs up), Last Exile series, Hawl's Moving Castle (or most of Studio Ghiblis' anime are steampunk).
    Nowadays, I always terrified with the fact that most Japanese anime are so lame and full of "girls". Sometimes, I define them as "gay anime". Any man who watch this kind of anime are pathetic and has the mindset of gay. I'm not being offensive if you're one of them, it just my personal opinion and it keep on bugging my head for a while; I just need the answer of why peoples (especially straight man) watching this kind of anime?
    pretty sure no straight guy would watch a Yaoi KNOWING its a yaoi... unless their girlfriend bribed them or something

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

what about spongebob? squidward?

pretty sure no straight guy would watch a Yaoi KNOWING its a yaoi... unless their girlfriend bribed them or something
    Would have to be a damned good bribe.

Thanks

Shonen, Seinen, comedy, mystery, sci-fi, thriller, and that all extends to my manga reading as well.

i dislike shojo beat for reasons that are painfully obvious to anyone who has tried to read it. if any asks me why ima give em a good palmsmasher to the face

also, One Piece anime has crap for voice actors and colorizing. i know that it's not very realistic in the first place, but c'mon, get men to voice men for crying out loud! and they pronounce Luffy's name "Loofy!"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    Shonen, Seinen, comedy, mystery, sci-fi, thriller, and that all extends to my manga reading as well.

i dislike shojo beat for reasons that are painfully obvious to anyone who has tried to read it. if any asks me why ima give em a good palmsmasher to the face

also, One Piece anime has crap for voice actors and colorizing. i know that it's not very realistic in the first place, but c'mon, get men to voice men for crying out loud! and they pronounce Luffy's name "Loofy!"
    ... it IS pronounced "loofy" even in the sub, also getting females to do male characters is very common, Gokus japanese voice actress is female ( http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=508 see?)