Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Megaupload Kicks FBI in the teeth

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    Looking forward to it, MU was a scapegoat and so was Kim.

Sure he may have made a fuck-load of $$$ off the site but at least he is a millionaire I can respect for providing us all with such a fantastic service.

Fuck all those other millionaires that do nothing but hoard money and make the rich richer. At least MU was something FOR the people.

Looking forward to the day I see MU online again.
    ...what the fuck am I reading?

Megaupload was an awful service filled with virus carrying ads I had to block so I could actually use the damn thing. The man doesn't give a flying fuck about you, he used people to make money and spend his life on his lazy ass. Elevating this guy to the level of some sort of man of the people when he's just a criminal using people's desire for free stuff to get rich and do nothing his whole life is one of the most idiotic things you can do.

Thanks

all files need to be scanned for viruses before ANY filesharing site allows them. copyright be damned just scan for viruses

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I said the ads, not the actual files. The guys in charge can't affect the actual files (at least to my knowledge).

Thanks

and the ads also need to be scanned, and filtered, etc

Thanks

Lol at that reply, I can honestly say I never knew they had an ad problem. I always just used downloading programs, and they were pretty damn good. I guess I was a little worked up when I posted that but I still look forward to seeing it come back. All we have right now for free/not-too-limiting (for the downloader) filehosting is mediafire.

Yeah I guess he's a dirtbag like all other millionaires but MU was a good pal for a while.

Edit: I'd like to point out I don't really like the guy much, I'm just saying he was a scapegoat which is a fact and that MU was something I got use out of. My first post can definitely give the wrong impression, I don't idolize the guy, I just compare him to the other dirtbags lol.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never had a ad problem either, then again, I block all ads with AD Block Plus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    ...what the fuck am I reading?
    Megaupload was an awful service filled with virus carrying ads I had to block so I could actually use the damn thing. The man doesn't give a flying fuck about you, he used people to make money and spend his life on his lazy ass. Elevating this guy to the level of some sort of man of the people when he's just a criminal using people's desire for free stuff to get rich and do nothing his whole life is one of the most idiotic things you can do.
    People do it all the time, this isn't some special case.

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    I went to Megaupload all the time, some computers I used didn't have AV or ABP, I never had issues.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Sad part is we violated so many laws over the whole deal :/

Thanks

same, although they get better at blocking the affects of adblock i've got two versions installed and there are two places (Yahoo! homepage and Google search) that have blocked it's affects, although it's fine everywhere alse

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Too bad for MU, I could careless about Kim, but I'll admit it was a useful site. Now all we have is Anonymous and the megaupload song on youtube after that mess....

Kinda reminds me of those TPB trials back then, except they're still up I think ("Upgrading software" supposedly) and still make no profit off magnets from what I've heard.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.kim.com/

the section partway down the page sounds interesting

yes:13215 no:46127 and counting for those who would vote for obama if megaupload isn't back online by november 1st this year lol after all the trouble of sopa, pipa and acta, looks like the people don't like how things are going much

nice music video at the top about all thats been going on concerning megaupload, sopa/pipa/acta as well.

check out the page about the sites shutdown scandal too

Thanks

people, start using dropbox and Skydrive.

Thanks

Damn. I wonder what the US is going to do now. They could start all over, but after screwing up this...

Still, I hope MegaUpload comes back up soon. It'll be good to be back on the site again.

Thanks

Well, It seems the FBI tried to bypass some NZ laws in order catch a so-called "criminal". To my view, the FBI is a big Government mob who acted in response to the claims of Hollywood and the music industry MOB (Mob supporting a bigger MOB). I think it would be a whole different deal if Dotcom had been the only one doing it, but there were (and still are) so many sites doing the same... Let's see how this goes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by nBerkuT View Post
    Well, It seems the FBI tried to bypass some NZ laws in order catch a so-called "criminal". To my view, the FBI is a big Government mob who acted in response to the claims of Hollywood and the music industry MOB (Mob supporting a bigger MOB). I think it would be a whole different deal if Dotcom had been the only one doing it, but there were (and still are) so many sites doing the same... Let's see how this goes.
    Yeah I agree w/ some of your opinions, there were many sites doing the same thing and they didn't get the same hostility, even microsoft had it's own filehosting site now that u mention (u can even guess what some ppl tried to do there, and other places).
    Last edited by Destrudo; 20th-August-2012 at 02:29.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .