Thread: blue dragon awakened shadow problem with no$gba + no$zoomer

Thanks
    EP Points

Default blue dragon awakened shadow problem with no$gba + no$zoomer

4956 - Blue Dragon - Awakened Shadow (U), the version up for download here at EP doesn't work with this emulator + addon.

i just finished trying it with all the different NDS Cartridge Backup Media settings and its all the same, it goes to the main menu and initializes fine as it says its doing but its gets stuck there. under none of those settings will it let you start a new game or access the load screen.

any solution or shall i continue to use desmume? which is fine with me, i just tend to keep games muted as that emulator isn't exactly one of the best when it comes to the sound :/

just thought i'd point out a issue with the game on that emulator.

Thanks
    EP Points

Firstly, what version of No$zoomer are you using? Is it the one with all the EX options?

Second, are you using bios file for emulation?

Thanks
    EP Points

versions NO_Zoomer 2.3.0.1_Eng_ (my old copy) and no$zoomer2.3.0.2-816 which i grabbed just recently. also, what EX options? don't think i've ever noticed something like that... OH, i see it now, they were under the other tab. no, i've never messed with that before, this is the first i've noticed those options actually

Thanks

I'm sure you've probably heard this before, but if you really want to play ds games, the best way is to buy a cheap one and an r4 card, with the wood firmware it pretty much boasts 99% compatibility.

Thanks
    EP Points

actually no, but i already know about flash cards

i'll stick to emulators thanks, more convenient imo and free (yes yes, i know that makes me seem cheap but who really cares?)

anyway, could someone tell me what the extra options in no$oomer do? i've never messed around with them before.

edit: the heck? now i can't even see the extras in the other tab (yes i'm using no$gba 2.6a). know what, screw it, i'm just going to go back to desmume despite its so-so sound emulation :/ can't believe what used to be my best nds emulator is giving so many problems nowadays.
    Last edited by treos; 30th-June-2012 at 19:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried using firmware/bios for the emulator?
    Just google "firmware for ds" and see if you get a file named firmware.bin
    After downloading it, keep it in the directory of the emulator and in the options set "Reset/Startup Entrypoint" to "GBA Bios(nintendo logo).

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmm bunch of sites about flash cards and firmware but i don't know which i need as this one site has several versions listed and i just grabbed a copy from here which caused the rom image to crash (guessing 2007 is too old ), which version of the firmware do i need specifically? i'm guessing the newest version would work best.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just disable all the EX options and try again
    In case you are not sure about bios files, you can download them from here