Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help me complete my JRPG list!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Hmm, you sure have got me interested in this game. But still, the main reason I can't add this to the list is that you're the only person who says this is an RPG. Here:

None of these reference websites lists this game as an RPG. I need other people to agree on this, since I haven't played the game myself. I would love to hear other people's opinions on this here, but since no one has had any comments on this so far, I created a topic at gamefaqs. I hope some people reply there so I can decide on this.
    I can't disagree at all with that line of thought. But let me say, try to make the same topic on Patapon 2 and 3 boards. The games change slightly, but their essence is the same. I'll discuss this over playfire too and share my results later. THIS, is an interesting topic at least! Time to blow some gamers' minds.
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yanazake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I've separated the games like this:

Does this look right? I excluded Dark Savior because Wikipedia says it's not an RPG.
    That looks fine IMO.
    I'd consider Dark Savior a RPG myself, but it's understandable for people to think otherwise. It's fairly actiony, with lots of platforming, and fights are somewhat infrequent. And the fights aren't typical RPG fare, they made them fighting game-ish. You kinda have to see it to decide for yourself, here's a youtube video, skip to 13:30 to see a fight.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I just noticed that gamefaqs lists Patapon as a PLATFORMER... Alright, there is ONE jump command, [parry, dodge, the like...] and it's not actually required, since you can just defend sometimes or even use the retreat command. If it's a platformer because of a jump... Then Excitebike is a platformer too?
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-PS4- Deliciouser
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    @gezegond

Yeah, Makai is a spin-off, but put it on the list anyway
    Added to Disgaea series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    That looks fine IMO.
    I'd consider Dark Savior a RPG myself, but it's understandable for people to think otherwise. It's fairly actiony, with lots of platforming, and fights are somewhat infrequent. And the fights aren't typical RPG fare, they made them fighting game-ish. You kinda have to see it to decide for yourself, here's a youtube video, skip to 13:30 to see a fight.
    I'll just take your word for it then.

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    I just noticed that gamefaqs lists Patapon as a PLATFORMER... Alright, there is ONE jump command, [parry, dodge, the like...] and it's not actually required, since you can just defend sometimes or even use the retreat command. If it's a platformer because of a jump... Then Excitebike is a platformer too?
    It seems Patapon is everything but RPG.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

I only got two responses to my posts, and one is positive and the other is negative...

I have to admit, Patapon has too much things crammed in to receive a decent tag. Forget I ever mentioned it. =_=

-PS4- Deliciouser

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yanazake For This Useful Post: