Thread: Spyro 2 Ripto's rage cutscene issues

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Spyro 2 Ripto's rage cutscene issues

I'm playing the game on epsxe version 1.7, my sound plugin is Eternal SPU 1.50 at defeault settings. The problem i find myself running into is that during the first cut scene, the sound cuts out about where one of the bad guys is supposed to say "are you trying to hide something from me?" It cuts out briefly then comes back a bit before that part, then at that part cuts out completly for the rest of the cut scene. I've tried swapping to the epsxe SPU core 1.7.0 and it got me further in the cut scene but the sound was cutting in and out pretty badly at the end of it still. So what i'm trying to figure out here is, is this a plugin/setting issue somewhere that i'm having, or is it a bad rom maybe?

System specs are XP professional service pack 3, 2GB RAM, nvidia GT 430 1GB card and my sound is currently coming from my motherboard(dunno much about it really) The reason i'm doing sound through it at the moment, is because my sound card was getting staticy sound on Diablo 3 sometimes, where as my motherboard isn't lol.

EDIT
    Sound after the cut scene(during actual gameplay basically) is working flawlessly. The cut scene after you finish up the first level was running into similar problems to the first one. Oh and this game is still very new to me, so please dont post any spoilers about it if you can help it. Dunno if they really matter but in case they do here is my graphics plugin settings as well down below

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    GFX card: GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
    - 1024x768 Window mode
    - Internal X resolution: 2
    - Internal Y resolution: 2
    - Keep psx aspect ratio: off
    - No render-to-texture: on

- Filtering: 6
    - Hi-Res textures: 1
    - TexWin pixel shader: on
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 1
    - Framebuffer effects: 3
    - Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Mdec filter: on
    - Screen filtering: on
    - Shader effects: 1/1
    - Flicker-fix border size: 5
    - GF4/XP crash fix: off
    - Game fixes: off [00000002]

EDIT AGAIN
    Okay i just finished downloading another copy of the game from a different source, i'm still getting the exact same problems with the respective plugins i mentioned trying at the start of this post. Seems most likely now that its some kind of a plugin setting issue somewhere hmmn, guess i'll start tinkering a bit.....Suggestions?
    Last edited by rmcin329; 10th-June-2012 at 22:59.