Thread: Cheat options on ps2 console [issue]

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Cheat options on ps2 console [issue]

Since my last thread was somewhat ignored, probably because there were too much questions at once, I'll separate them and slowly post the questions. first ones are about cheating on games [I've had my share of fair gaming on ps2, now it's time to take a laugh at the games!]

First off, I have to state that I have an issue with my console - it never proved to be any sort of problem up until when I tried some cheat discs: I can't exchange discs.
    Whenever I open the disc tray [or whatever it's called on ps2 SLIM] after a game is loaded, once it's closed the disc won't spin at all. I have to reboot the ps2, killing any active cheats.

My ps2 is a modded one, [matrix modchip, I think...] and I can mess with the memory card [original] via a multi tool disc a friend made for me. Got a crapload of backup saves in an old 256mb pendrive!

Now, on to the options. If I can't use a disc for cheating, is it possible to use MCboot to load one of those cheat programs directly from the pendrive, and then from the program load the game? Is there any other way besides these two?

If this turns out being a deadend, a guide for cheating on PCSX2 will do.
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    Since my last thread was somewhat ignored, probably because there were too much questions at once, I'll separate them and slowly post the questions. first ones are about cheating on games [I've had my share of fair gaming on ps2, now it's time to take a laugh at the games!]

First off, I have to state that I have an issue with my console - it never proved to be any sort of problem up until when I tried some cheat discs: I can't exchange discs.
    Whenever I open the disc tray [or whatever it's called on ps2 SLIM] after a game is loaded, once it's closed the disc won't spin at all. I have to reboot the ps2, killing any active cheats.

My ps2 is a modded one, [matrix modchip, I think...] and I can mess with the memory card [original] via a multi tool disc a friend made for me. Got a crapload of backup saves in an old 256mb pendrive!

Now, on to the options. If I can't use a disc for cheating, is it possible to use MCboot to load one of those cheat programs directly from the pendrive, and then from the program load the game? Is there any other way besides these two?

If this turns out being a deadend, a guide for cheating on PCSX2 will do.
    Is it a legit disc?

I've got a modded Codebreaker elf that should do what you want.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope, they're all backups.
    Problem still is, unless there's some magic trick on that disc iso, the same issue will most likely appear.
    Load Codebreaker disc > Load codes > Return to main menu > Try to load game [CB asks to change disc] > CB disc exchanged for game disc > Disc won't spin.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed it's an ELF file! Yeah, if it works with MSboot, then maybe that method could work. Can you share it?
    Last edited by yanazake; 8th-June-2012 at 16:49.
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-PS4- Deliciouser
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope, they're all backups.
    Problem still is, unless there's some magic trick on that disc iso, the same issue will most likely appear.
    Load Codebreaker disc > Load codes > Return to main menu > Try to load game [CB asks to change disc] > CB disc exchanged for game disc > Disc won't spin.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed it's an ELF file! Yeah, if it works with MSboot, then maybe that method could work. Can you share it?
    I'll upload it in a moment and edit the link in.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z7917i99yw707mb

That should be everything you need.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 8th-June-2012 at 17:33.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks man, I'll add rep once it's available, even if it doesn't work for me.

-PS4- Deliciouser

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks man, I'll add rep once it's available, even if it doesn't work for me.
    Put the files on the root of your flash drive.
    Run uLaunch, and start CB10
    Once uLaunch starts, run ESR from your memory card.
    If it doesn't boot to uLaunch, make a folder named boot (on the root of your flash drive) and copy CB Launch into it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, thanks to Mao-nax, my psp and free mc boot, I was able to advance more with this.

Just to clarify, I didn't really understand what to do, and I never ever used ESR, so I have no idea how that works. When I tried running "CB launch" I got some random colors on screen during loadings [reminded me of ol' atari, good times.] but nothing out of the ordinary.

So, now that I have free mc boot, a new ulaunch and that ESR thing, can someone tell me how to actually use them to run CodeBreaker? I tried the boot folder thing but it didn't work. I can try again with my psp and its 2gb original memory stick [what I used to install mc boot - nothing else seemed to work] but the instructions seem so confusing that I wanted to make sure what I should do.

-PS4- Deliciouser

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here's a step by step:
    Run uLaunch
    Run the Codebreaker elf
    Select codes, add codes, whatever
    Insert game disc
    Select start game in CB menu
    uLaunch should run
    Go to MC0 or MC1 (depending on what MC has FMCB)
    Go to 'Boot' folder
    Run ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Wee, I'm one unlucky guy. CB elf works on pendrive on model 7500x and lower. Mine is 75010 ¦P

Looking for a friend with compatible hacked model now. damn...

-PS4- Deliciouser

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wee, I'm one unlucky guy. CB elf works on pendrive on model 7500x and lower. Mine is 75010 ¦P

Looking for a friend with compatible hacked model now. damn...
    You can install FMCB so it will work with any system as long as you've got the memory card it's on.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, even with FMCB installed in an untouched console, it won't load backup copies of games, right?
    Or will that ESR thing run said backups anyway?

-PS4- Deliciouser