Thread: Kega Fusion Emulator: Sega CD Start-Up Complications

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Try Loading the .cue File

Thanks

@MaslowK: Yes, I followed those steps exactly numerous times, using every variation of the USA BIOS files that were available and yet I'm still brought to the blasted CD-player screen after pressing the start button, with no visible way to boot up the ISO file at all ( despite selecting it from it's respective folder upon bootup ).

@Dave The Man: And that's simply a converted version of the typical .bin files, correct?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi.

The .cue file is used to write/burn the CD and contains the info for the tracks... although I do not
    know exactly how it works, if you open the .cue file with notepad you will understand. I do know,
    however, that it can give different results by loading the .cue file in the emulator instead of the
    ISO, but, in my case, I used "Gens v11a" (the one that can record movies) and with by loading
    the .cue I would have no soundtrack at all, but by loading the ISO it worked.

Have you tried with Gens?

(I know the thread mentions Kega, but it is always an option)

And what version is the Sonic CD ISO you are using? Any additional information would help.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foggy_han For This Useful Post: