Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you still buy Wii U if it costs $500?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

well, don't be stupid.i just asked the question to know if anyone is interested in the system even if the price is sky high. the real price is gonna be not over $350 & if we are lucky they might release it under the price $300 no matter how high the hardware speculations are.someone said here shooting games are the hotcakes right now.sadly i cant disagree even though i hate shooting games like COD,Battlefield (no offense). most obvious reason for that might be u can play those games with multiplayers mode.i think nentendo should develop a creative game with a creative character like mario. mario game was one of the greatest innovation in gaming history & it also sold very well.because people always want something new,thats why i think a new innovative game would interest people to buy the system with the price of $300.

Thanks

Of course I wouldn't, but it'll probably cost ¥25000 on release, like the Wii. That's $314 U.S. dollars on today's exchange rate.

Thanks
    EP Points

just checked on wikipedia and i was right, this is that new console thats supposed to have a handheld for the controller... seriously? pass, i'll pass on this gimmick just as i've chosen to on the 3ds (never cared for that 3d gimmick and its not like i'm missing out on anything by passing on 3ds aside from some otherwise decent games). i'll stick with NDS downloads (the 1/4 or less of its library of games thats actually decent imo) and the countless other games here at EP and wait for a real console and not some 2-in-1 console... thing :/

offtopic but i wanna new computer to emulate ps2 games at a decent speed (not the current sluggish speed) oh well

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    offtopic but i wanna new computer to emulate ps2 games at a decent speed (not the current sluggish speed) oh well
    i have the same problem cant run ps2 games at a decent speed.crap need a better computer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tusar View Post
    i have the same problem cant run ps2 games at a decent speed.crap need a better computer
    Even more off topic, go to the Sony section http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...4-Sony-systems if you need help on picking the right parts for your budget and your current system if there is a chance to upgrade that instead. You will ultimately find it cheaper to buy a used PS2 and soft mod the memory card, but people like me prefer the ability to house multiple systems on one computer.

Though the Wii U will be no more than $350, that is still too much for what the system does. It's unique, sure, but too much of a gimmick that I won't be buying it during it's initial release. Now, if they could make that gamepad play GB/A, and DS games with the ability to upscale it on my tv, that will encourage a ton of people to buy it. That was usually the dream for people like me. The handhelds were decent, but too darn small when it came to screen size.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To be honest I'll wait when it's cheaper as with any console I've bought. (Well, I had to make an exception for the PS Vita as I've bought it together with my family)
    It looks interesting enough, and hope they will restrict the Shovelware and release more interesting games. The gimmick of the tablet seems interesting enough for me, and I kida liek that you can play with your TV off (That's what I heard, not sure if they changed it recently).
    I'm sure it will do well at launch, as most of the people of all spectrums (Children, parents, causual, hardcore) will be curious.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tusar View Post
    Then just buy a PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nemo View Post
    That was usually the dream for people like me. The handhelds were decent, but too darn small when it came to screen size.
    U blind?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsco View Post
    U blind?
    Fixed.

Seriously though, I could tolerate it, but I wanted a bigger screen the majority of time I played on my GB. The screen was less than 3 inches and I would have preferred the ability to play on screens 5 inches and above. Mainly the games I played were played when I was not traveling, so the portability didn't matter.

Thanks

No, i rather buy a 3DS or Vita rather than buyinh Wii U for 500 bucks. It's too expensive

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by narutosupernova View Post
    No, i rather buy a 3DS or Vita rather than buyinh Wii U for 500 bucks. It's too expensive
    I see you didn't read my post that it's 350 and not 500.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Everyone wants to read the OP as if it had some cited source or something.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    not a chance in hell at $500, unless EB does some MAD trade promo like they usually do ($25 for each game to trade for the wii U)
    Yeah I wish that would happen .

I don't remember how much EB does, but last time I asked gamestop how much for infamous 2 (perfect condition), they said under $10....

Guess I'll stick w/ amazon/ebay from now on.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks

Throw in about 10 games and I would say maybe, I mean $500 for a console!? If that happened, it would be like the fat PS3's launch price all over again just under $100 from $600 for the fat PS3.
    Conquer we shall, but, we must first contend! It's not the fight that crowns us, but the end.
    - Robert Herrick

Thanks

I'm seeing rumours (from this supposed leaked Xbox 720 plan, that looks very... not at all legitimate, but whatever) pegging the WiiU at 249.99 USD.

I think WiiU might launch around that price, maybe 299.99. Just thinking about their specs, and how they can probably fit that power onto pretty small die sizes in these years... maybe they can really reduce the cost drastically.

I mean, it can't be that much to manufacture these things. The PS3 is selling for 249.99 and 299.99 USD, and assuming it has comparable power, and might even being using the same fabrication processes (32 nm?), the WiiU is probably pretty well placed to come in at a very low price.

And I think a 249.99 launch price is pretty much spot on for the WiiU strategy, which is an invitation for anyone and everyone to buy the thing.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gulcasa For This Useful Post: