Thread: no light with 360 Play & Charge battery pack

Thanks
    EP Points

Default no light with 360 Play & Charge battery pack

i have the battery pack in my controller (both black if it matters) and the black charge cable, as i am putting it in the light quickly flicks green for 1sec then turns off not charging anything... i can't find any info online and i don't think calling microsoft will do much

anyone know how to fix?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Probably just have to buy more shit.

I'll let Shard know about this thread, maybe he can troubleshoot with you but I have no idea.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

More than likely it's your charging cable.

Have you tried another battery pack?

Thanks
    EP Points

i think i'm actually doing it wrong, because the light shouldnt go on at all if it works right? that and i had just exchanged a set that was doing the same thing yesterday

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Mine never has the light turn on but it charges. So check to make sure if it is jsut have it plugged in for a bit. If not get a wired controller. Nothing goes wrong with a wired controller since you can also use it for emulation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    i have the battery pack in my controller (both black if it matters) and the black charge cable, as i am putting it in the light quickly flicks green for 1sec then turns off not charging anything... i can't find any info online and i don't think calling microsoft will do much

anyone know how to fix?
    I've had that exact problem with my black controller, it's not something uncommon.

Just un-plug and re-plug it until the light stays red.

Thanks
    EP Points

didnt work

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How long have you had it? The battery pack might just be dead.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 8th-June-2012 at 02:32.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I had this issue. Fixed it by plugging in the charger only halfway in until the light turned red and started charging.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the cables tends to break easy, simple as that so lil tricks like replugging it, pluging it half way just means by some fluke the connection is there by moving the cable (i,e, there is a brake inside the cable that will sometimes make contact if it is manipulated)

a new charge kit would fix that or AA batteries but they don't last that long

P.S. my kid bro had an issue like this and it ended up both the battery and the cable didn't work (it was the official play n charge kit aswell)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2012 at 10:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember having this issue with one from Gamestop (an official controller & charge kit); three exchanges in and they all ended up doing this within a few days each. Since then I've switched to AA battery packs & rechargeable batteries; you can get a pack of 4 for $8-$10, and they last a good amount of time
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I've always used AA batteries instead of battery packs.
    Been using rechargeable batteries for years for many different things, and I've always used a standard charger (not a fast charger).

When the batteries need replacing in my 360 contoller I just swap them for some charged ones.......only takes a few seconds.
    For Wii and 360 I use 2500 mah AA.

Spoiler warning: