Thread: Help with Upgraded HDD on Original Xbox

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Help with Upgraded HDD on Original Xbox

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knew about this or can give me some tips.
    I recently softmodded my cousin's Xbox using SID 3.1 or 5 (I don't remember which)
    After the softmod (I installed UnleashX and then afterward I switched to XBMC),
    I upgraded the stock HDD to a 500gb Western Digital IDE drive
    using the XboxHDM tool. The Xbox itself is stock, nothing else has ben changed exept the HDD.
    The problem I'm having is that, even though I upgraded to a 500gb drive, I only have approx. 124gb free
    on the F drive, and the usual 400mb (approx.) on C drive and 4.37 (approx.) on E drive. Is there a way for
    me to access the rest of the memory of the drive I installed?

Thanks in advance if you help. I can provide more details if needed.
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't say I have any personal experience with this, however a bit of searching gave me this;

Note: XBMC only supports F: and G: partitions for harddrives and 512GB per partition!
    If you want to install a harddrive larger than 137GB then you need a LBA48 compatible Xbox 'hacked' BIOS.
    If a partition is larger than 256GB, the harddrive needs to be formatted with 32k clusters, use XBpartitioner.
    XBpartitioner is used to partition extra partitions such as F: and G: (not the default C:, E:, X:, Y: and Z
    Largest partition supported by a LBA48 BIOS and 32k clusters is 512GB, so 512GB+ need G: partition.
    If you want to continue to play on Microsoft Xbox Live online-gaming service then you must lock the harddrive.
    What I've gleaned from this is that you'll need to format the drive in a particular way using a particular tool, described above. Hopefully this helps set you in the right direction.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah thank you! That tool was perfect! I divided the leftover space between two partitions!
    It works perfecly! Although I wasn't able to figure out how to switch the cluster size, but
    I didn't need to switch the bios! Thank you so very much! If I can help you in any way, please let me know!
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.