Thread: ePSXe bigger memory card?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default ePSXe bigger memory card?

Hello,

As everyone know that PSOne could use 8MB (120 blocks) memory cards. Is there any 'virtual' version of those cards for ePSXe? In some games it takes 4 blocks to make save file so 'default' 2x 15 isn't that much.

__
    I know, I can copy memcard files and have 9001 cards but it's not the same.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can have as many memcards as you like, this would be the same as having a single multi page memcard, just change memcards as and when you need more space, I have even had games that will use an entire memcard, so I have got several memcards for my PSone/Playstation aswell as the use of the Action Replay 3.11 for the Playstation with a toatl of 15 virtual memcards

There was no memcards that could have more than the 15 blocks but they used a simple paging system that let you manually change pages with a press of a button on the memcard, or like the olde action replay/gameshark 3.XX that let you change pages while in the action replay/gameshark menu

The PSone did not support more than 15 blocks and it never had support for the PS2's 8Meg Memcard and the available 8MB memcards are paged memcards with a digital display to let you know what page you are using
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-May-2012 at 11:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't know that. Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

huh, i didn't know that either. we had a memcard like that here at one point (probably long gone by now) but i never knew it worked like that, cool

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The PSone did not support more than 15 blocks and it never had support for the PS2's 8Meg Memcard and the available 8MB memcards are paged memcards with a digital display to let you know what page you are using
    I loved mine, but by the time it was 8 years old I couldn't use more than half of it.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.