Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is the rarest collectible you own?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    so i now think Game Quest Direct is freakin awesome lol
    Nah, they are dicks.

Thanks

For me its the spider-man comic "call my killer my friend"holographic version and original print,its in a bank

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsco View Post
    Nah, they are dicks.
    no way, they are reprinting rare games identical to the originals, that IS awesome

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

no way, they are reprinting rare games identical to the originals, that IS awesome
    Not identical in almost all cases, but it still hurts collectibility which I hate.

Thanks
    EP Points

i hope they hit Suikoden 2 and Missadvntures of tron next, OH and Skies of arcadia Legends

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Too old. They only do stuff that's more recent. Over the last few years it's been ps2 games mostly.

Skies of Arcadia isn't even that expensive.

Thanks

again, MAME packs?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsco View Post
    Too old. They only do stuff that's more recent. Over the last few years it's been ps2 games mostly.

Skies of Arcadia isn't even that expensive.
    i can hope!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Updated anime collection pic.

One more set in the mail as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

so much space wasted on big volumes

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

so much space wasted on big volumes
    It's about 50/50 there. I have the singles of some things but then I have some really compact stuff (Chobits, Tsubasa, all the Slayers stuff etc) as well as some thin paks. If I had all the first releases of everything I dread to think how much shelf space that would be taking up.

Thanks
    EP Points

i have a deep hatred of Volume releases, so when a series only has a volume Release like power stone i force some way to make it fit my shelf and hate it for life cause its so dam bulky where as Excel saga has the same number of episodes and literally takes 1/6 of the space cause its in a single pack case with a "divider disc holder"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I usually don't like the single case releases because they cut down on the amount of discs and cram a bunch of episodes on each disc and you don't really get any extras (for instance I made sure to get the 6 disc box set of Negima instead of the Viridian which is 4 discs). I also don't care about spending more money (generally anyway, that Chobits anime classics only cost me $11 so that was too tempting). I don't foresee myself ever getting a S.A.V.E. release of a series because the branding on the case is just so damn ugly. Like seriously, viridian branding is fine, anime classics is unobtrusive and I can live with anime legends but there is just something about the S.A.V.E that bugs me.

Thanks
    EP Points

when i buy "save" releases its when they take the previous release and just put a sticker on it, and LOL i just grabbed Chobits from the Canadian Amazon on blu ray for $17.99 clearance.

and to compare, SAVE is like the Greatest hit on the PS1 "what the fuck where these designers smoking" is my thought, that or santa was involved. also, the Excel Saga release does have extras and doesnt reduce quality.

i got the SAVE release of Nerima Daikon Bros and it was just the standard release with a sticker on it (peeled it off) though the funimation rerelease of that show sucks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are 3 legitimate full releases for Excel Saga. Not counting individual volumes.

Goes from 6 to 5 to 4 discs. The only one with less run time is the 4 disc one and it's by 50 minutes. When I get it I'm going to get the first release because that's the box art I like the best. This is pretty much how I decide. When I get Chrono Crusade I'll get getting the Christmas artwork one.