Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the rarest collectible you own?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What is the rarest collectible you own?

i don't' care if it's a game a figure a plushie or a poster, what is it?

for me

Figure: Yu Yu Hakusho 7inch Hiei from IF (i am REALLY pissed about this one because i had it chillin in my room sealed thinking it was worthless, one day i decide to open it [this morning] then i find out it was a rare little bitch even when the set was in production)
    Poster: Kingdom hearts Chain of Memories Store Display Poster
    Game: tie between Skies of arcadia Legends and Magna Carta collectors PS2
    Plushie:15Inch stuffed Tails doll (from sonic)

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

original Charizard pokemon card holographic 1st edition.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    original Charizard pokemon card holographic 1st edition.
    Damn, I have one but it's not 1st edition. Besides that, I have a bunch of other holographic cards too. Actually I wish I could've told my younger self not to be that obsessed with the cards, I'm not that good of a collector and it sure costed a lot back in the day.

Thanks
    EP Points

trust me, cards are nothing compared to people who collect the expensive stuff (statues, they can go up to $1500 each)

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shin kai View Post
    Damn, I have one but it's not 1st edition. Besides that, I have a bunch of other holographic cards too. Actually I wish I could've told my younger self not to be that obsessed with the cards, I'm not that good of a collector and it sure costed a lot back in the day.
    yeah i have several things i wish i would have never messed with as a kid that could be worth some money.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    trust me, cards are nothing compared to people who collect the expensive stuff (statues, they can go up to $1500 each)
    There are magic cards worth over $5,000 USD.

Anyway, in terms of sheer rarity probably any of the NISA LEs I have that were limited to 1,000 copies like the Mana Khemia version with the Jess Figure.

Thanks
    EP Points

i saw that mana khemia limited on Ebay for $200 lol he said it was a low number i think.

and as for cards magic is the exception, and even then i think only like 10 cards breach the $1000 mark and the only one at $5000 is Black Lotus but its floating around $2000 right now

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Screw Black Lotus I'm talking about true rarities that are more or less things you own just to brag about having. Shit like blue hurricane from summer magic.

Opened and near mint that Mana Khemia set is realistically worth about $140. Sealed would be around $200.

Thanks
    EP Points

considering there is only 1000 of it i would say it should be worth more than $200, though either way it WAS Sealed

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think the outer box (the bigger outer box that is) and figure are identical to the JP release. So the only difference is the US game which is easy enough to get.

Edit: I stress that I think, I'm not fully sure.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 29th-May-2012 at 03:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably my mega drive games...

Thanks
    EP Points

My penis. It's one of a kind. Would original gameboys count? Not sure if those are rare. I still have the donkey kong game on it lol. Wonder if it plays pokemon games...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only thing I can think of are .hack 1-4 for the PS2, all complete and in basically mint condition.

Years ago it might have been a black label FF7 or a black label FFT, but those days are over.

Thanks
    EP Points

FF7 was never rare, just hard to get

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a first edition copy of the second Harry Potter book. I found it in a second hand store for £1, and while not as rare as first editions of the first book by a long way, it's still worth a couple of hundred pounds, and over a thousand if I were to go to an event and get Mrs. Rowling to sign it.

In terms of videogames... I don't know. Most of my stuff is pretty common, really. The games that tend to be most coveted are English editions of cult Japanese RPGs, and pretty much all my copies are Japanese originals, which have such big print runs in their home country that you can find most of them for pocket change in second hand stores. I guess I have a first run copy of Pier Solar, a fan-made RPG for the Mega Drive? They're individually signed and numbered, and mine is number 493/800 of the Japanese edition, meaning there are 799 out there just like mine, and another 1600 from the same run, but with different box / cartridge art. It's not sealed, though, as I've never really been much of a collector, and just bought it to play it and support what the creators were doing.