Thread: Pcsx2 plugin issues, and a few ps2 and pc related questions

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Pcsx2 graphic issues, and a few ps2 and pc related questions

Spoiler warning:
    I've recently formatted my C drive, and with it, went all my libraries like silverlight and all that stuff that's sometimes needed to run programs and emulators alike.

I have two versions of PCSX2. One is old, and the log window looks like a DOS window, black with mostly white letters. it runs fine with the same bios files.
    The second is version r4600, and before the reinstall, it ran fine [fine as in, like the old one]. Now I can't select any of the gdsx 4600 graphical plugins. Some programs and games installed through my other drives reacted differently too, some still work, and others stopped working altogether [even ones that are just dump all files into a folder, no instalation process] and I recently installed directx that came with a game that was launched this year... Still, no luck. I'm trying to reinstall directx via the online installer [which is terrible, my internet never works well with these]

Anyone has any idea besides directX that could be causing these issues?

Any hints on how to use full screen with real/fake wide, like the Dolphin emulator does? [renders what would be hidden by the screen, instead of stretching it] My specs are i7 @3.06GHz, 8gb ram, ati radeon xfx black edition 1gb ram... [can't remember the number now, but it's a pretty good GPU]

Second comes some game compatibility questions: I tried to play Kingdom Hearts 1 on the old pcsx2. Besides one graphical glitch during the opening movie, it runs fine, but the movie was stuttering a bit. Is it because I was using a disc instead of an iso?
    Also, I see in the compatibility list that the eu version of speed racer runs better than the us one. Was this fixed, or do I really need to get the eu version?

Finally, gameshark usage and cheats in general in both PCSX2 and PS2 slim console. A guide for using them in pcsx2 would do, but I need some help in using any kind of cheat on my PS2. I can't change discs with it on. After I open the tray, no disc would spin in there, I'd need to reset the console. This is bad because I just can't use a cheat disc load codes and change into the game disc. Any other ways to do it?
    Last edited by yanazake; 28th-May-2012 at 18:42.
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?