Thread: Can I transfer Playstation saves to my PSP?

Thanks

Default Can I transfer Playstation saves to my PSP?

I want to transfer playstation saved games for games that I played on the emulator epsxe to games that have been converted using psx2psp. I want to know if I can use that save data or do I have to start over on the psp. It seems like the file system is a little different. Do I just rename the file or something like that? Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jmurjeff View Post
    I want to transfer playstation saved games for games that I played on the emulator epsxe to games that have been converted using psx2psp. I want to know if I can use that save data or do I have to start over on the psp. It seems like the file system is a little different. Do I just rename the file or something like that? Thanks.
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-emu...ta-pc-psp.html
    If anyone is curious all you need to do is:
    -download CWcheat 0.2.3
    -open in winrar/winzip goto INSTALL_371 and extract seplugins
    -move seplugins to your PSP's main folder
    -restart the PSP and hold R1 to boot the recovery menu
    -goto plugins and enable everything
    -now put your emulator's mcr save file into seplugins/cwcheat/mc
    -rename that file to something like SCUS_94584-0.mcr (the _ and - position is very important, remember to type .mcr at the end too)
    *note*
    The name of that file will depend on what game save you plan on loading, you will need to look up the propper number for that specific game.
    -start up the game and at it's main menu hold 'select' for a few seconds until a menu screen pops up
    -goto manage memory cards
    -load memcard 1 and if you renamed the file correctly it should say 'Ok!' (if it gives you an error message or freezes, it is not named correctly)

Now when you goto load your save through the game normally, the saved data should appear

Well that's the jist of it anyways, was going by memory there and not 100% postive on what the cwcheat memu options were exactly called on the last two steps.
    I'll test that tomorrow, if you don't beat me to it.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.