Thread: Finding/extracting iso file for Baiten Kaitos download

Thanks

Default Finding/extracting iso file for Baiten Kaitos download

Hi there, I'm having trouble finding or activating the iso file for a Gamecube download.

I downloaded the Baiten Kaitos: Origins ISO and extracted it to my desktop, but I could not find anything in the file that Dolphin (3.0-645) could load up and play.

Here's the BK:O file:

And here is what's inside DVD 1 and 2:

I don't know if the latter is of any help, but the problem is I can't seem to extract any of the files in such a way (I'm using WinRar obviously) that it converts to an uncompressed format. The .nfo file cannot be read when opened with Dolphin, and there seems to be none of the file types that the program wants (.elf,.dol,.gcm,.iso...) included in the download. I'm kind of at a loss here. If anyone could give me a hand with this I'd be much appreciative, and I apologize in advance if this problem has already been answered in one of the stickies, but I made sure to read both the relevant threads before posting this and came up dry.

Thanks
    EP Points

Open the RAR achive with winrar press the extract to button and extract them on your HD now you've 2 directory and 1 nfo file.

Open the DVD 1 dir, and double click on the RAR file (??? sc-bkoua.rar for DVD 1 and sc-bkourab.rar for DVD 2 ???), i think you find an ISO inside (and maybe a CUE file or another NFO), extract them; do the same for DVD 2 dir.

Now you've the Isos, load/mount with your favorite emulator...

P.S. You can read the NFO using the view button on winrar or you can use a text editor like notepad... You can also delete the first rar and keep only the rars+nfo+sfv on DVD1-DVD2 dirs (looks like a "scene release").

Thanks

Alright thanks! I did everything you said and the game is working perfectly now.

...All except for the fact that it seems to have completely erased the progress I made on save slot A. You wouldn't happen to know where save files are automatically directed to and how I might rectify that?

Thanks
    EP Points

The memcards should be in ./User/GC/ (look for tools/memcard manager).

If the emulator have trouble with memcard you can do a quicksave/dump (Check the menu: Options/Hotkey Settings/States Saves)

Remember: the quicksave contain a dump of the memory and all the data on memcard. Saving on SLOT A, reload a old quicksave; you'll lose your progress (anyway you can reset the emulator and load from memcard).