• Thor

9 50.00%
  • Tie

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superman Vs Thor

Thanks

Default Superman Vs Thor

Me and my friend got into a discussion on who would win in a fight. (not to the death but a general fight.)

I for the most part thing superman, since alot of thor's power comes from his hammer. Also you have to look at the fact that in smallville and other superman related stuff on more than one ocassion superman has either been hit with a bolt of lightning, or something just as powerful. But i want to do a poll and I want at least 1 reason why you think the one or other would win.
    Wisdom? Power? Courage?

http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62683&dateline=131634  9435

Which do you choose? The Choice is yours?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

It depends on the writer.

Aside from the obvious weakness (Kryptonite), Superman is indeed vulnerable to electricity, brute force and magic. Thor's powers combines all of them.
    Plus, Thor can open dimensional gates with his hammer, if the battle moves to somewhere without yellow solar radiation or with red sun radiation, Superman would lose his powers.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's a tough one. On one hand Superman is a powerful alien. But Thor is a Norse god. I'll give this one to Thor.

Thanks
    EP Points

This feel like a kid stuff lol.
    Back to topic, I will say Thor, he got a weapon; the powerful hammer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hrmmmmm

Hrmmmmm

If a fair fight without outside influences to harm either of them like Kryptonite etc... then, damn.

Hrmmmmm

I think I'm going to have to go with Thor here, he's physically strong and tough enough to go toe to toe with Supes but I think it's the hammer that would decide it. Without the the Hammer though Thor would be toast, however depending of course on what time period/writer it was since at several points if he's separated for a minute or something he would change to human form. But still even if following that he would remain "Thor" without the hammer I think he would still lose too. So yeah the Hammer wins the fight. As Cookie pointed out Superman is vulnerable to magic which the hammer has in spades.

If as I said before a fair fight I suppose Thor wouldn't be able to use a weapon? In which case of course he loses.

But yeah my 2 cents.

Edit: I could have sworn they actually did this, and looked it up and in the comic they made of this encounter Superman won. But every Marvel vs D.C. matchup he always does (1 on 1 anyways as far as I know) So yeah screw the comic.

Edit 2: Oh yeah I went ahead and voted Thor.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 3rd-May-2012 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd go with Superman just because he can go at the speed of sound. (I mean he raced The Flash for god sakes!)
    An near unstoppable alien > Great Norse God IMO.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTime View Post
    I'd go with Superman just because he can go at the speed of sound. (I mean he raced The Flash for god sakes!)
    An near unstoppable alien > Great Norse God IMO.
    I believed Superman can travel around the speed of light or above.

Thor can transcend space and time.

Personally I think speed is a non-issue in a match-up between the 2.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 3rd-May-2012 at 21:01.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I believed Superman can travel around the speed of light.

Thor can transcend space and time.

Personally I think speed is a non-issue in a match-up between the 2.
    Well that would make it a tie, but speed would be an issue, I mean Superman ain't go be no pussy and just laser beam Thor. Right?
    If he can for short periods of time travel at the speed of light, he can catch Thor off guard. but that's my opinion. I have state mines and you stated yours.
    So we can be cool.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTime View Post
    Well that would make it a tie, but speed would be an issue, I mean Superman ain't go be no pussy and just laser beam Thor. Right?
    If he can for short periods of time travel at the speed of light, he can catch Thor off guard. but that's my opinion. I have state mines and you stated yours.
    So we can be cool.
    Not arguin' just saying.

However Thor's eyesight is good enough to catch things moving at the speed of light and his hammer can move at those speeds too. But like I said earlier if he didn't have the hammer then yeah he's toast. I don't think Thor himself can actually move at those speeds though and even for the space/time thing I think he has to use the hammer for that as well, so yeah I'd say you're right in that regard. It all comes down to the hammer.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 3rd-May-2012 at 21:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

these two are more or less a tie, if you want a real one sided fight, Goku Vs Superman, Goku would win just based on the fact that when hes about to lose he cones out with some random new power

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    these two are more or less a tie, if you want a real one sided fight, Goku Vs Superman, Goku would win just based on the fact that when hes about to lose he cones out with some random new power
    When the fuck did Goku come?

Thanks

I think it might be a tie. Mainly because depending on how the battle may go down either one could end up winning.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    My god Luffy.

Go away.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    My god Luffy.

Go away.
    what ARE you talking about?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Superman travels back in time, kills Thor while still an infant.

/thread
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"