Thread: Any way I can get out of a bug? (details inside)

Thanks

Default Any way I can get out of a bug? (details inside)

I was playing Pokemon SoulSilver on DeSmuME, when I went up to a character to talk to them, the game just kind of .. froze? The graphics were still moving, ie, pokemart sign kept spinning, but it was as if I was stuck at the moment before the dialogue box would normally appear. I can't do anything, can't save the current game or walk away, though I can still "touch" the talk button (but not press A). Is there any way I could recover my game? I've saved the state but it was my first playthrough and at that point I hadn't properly saved yet and I'd hate to start again. :/

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmm... first off, do save states work in dsmume? i know they don't in no$ nds game (not that i've heard of). and secondly if thats anything like what happened to me a couple days ago in a different game (Tales of Innocence) then i would think resetting would fix it, not sure but what happened to me was the game seemingly froze (0FPS) yet the graphics and all were moving normally, resetting fixed things in my case though so i'm not too sure if that'll help or not.

Thanks

Would I lose my game if I resetted?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NixieLee View Post
    Would I lose my game if I resetted?
    If you click save state in desume you can reset and load the state. Just click file, save state 1, reset, file, load state 1. Or save state as. Then open the load state in desume. You should be where you left off and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks

I've just tried it, no luck. Seems like it is waiting forever for the dialogue box to come up. Should I give up and just start a new game?

Thanks
    EP Points

could've just saved your game normally and tried it that way, thats what i did on ToI but again, different game so it may not work, sorry if i'm not much help here :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    could've just saved your game normally and tried it that way, thats what i did on ToI but again, different game so it may not work, sorry if i'm not much help here :/
    In OP it was stated that the game could not be saved normally.

OP did you update to the latest version of DesmuMe? Not saying it will fix your issue. If it does not work I think maybe try No$GBA emulator. I have noticed some games run better on it.