Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pokemon Game

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

haha yeah. i didnt get copies of the gen 3 games. (i have ruby and sapphire) until a couple years ago.

Thanks

I missed out on Gen 3 because I didn't have much money during the GBA's run. And finally when I did, Gen 4 was coming out and I thought I might as well skipped it entirely. What I've seen of it, I liked the new mechanics that Gen 3 brought and I would love to have played FireRed or LeafGreen to enjoy a Gen 1-like Pokemon game in full color. I don't even mind the increased areas that required SURF.

Alas, as I don't have the GBA anymore (I still tell myself I could've won that GBA SP in that Stacker arcade machine but always failed at the last block) and I have a DSi now, I hope I HOPE Gen 3 gets redone for the DS.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They probably will do that eventually. In a couple more years since heartgold and soulsilver are still fairly new.

Thanks

Leaf Green

Thanks

I never played the games past the 2nd generation because I personally thought they were overcrowding the franchise with too many Pokemon. Pokemon Blue was my favorite, that and Red created the formula that all the generations have mostly copied

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I keep hitting a wall in HeartGold whenever I play; I finish off Morty and then I just find myself not giving a damn about going on with the rest of it. I don't know why, exactly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    I keep hitting a wall in HeartGold whenever I play; I finish off Morty and then I just find myself not giving a damn about going on with the rest of it. I don't know why, exactly.
    I always have a wall myself when it came to after finishing Johto and I'm about to head to Kanto. To me, Kanto seemed more like filler than anything and I thought there could've been something done to weave it into the journey but that's just me. Even back on Gen 2, I would beat the Elite 4 and be like "I hope there's something else than just more trainers in Kanto".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pokemon Rumble from Wii Shop is the only Pokemon game that doesn't make me wish I lacked the thumbs needed to play it. No more looking at a menu screen stifling yawns. Now you can just run thru and bash crap in real-time. Finally, for the first time ever, Pokemon is fun.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

1st gen

Thanks
    EP Points

YELLOW SONNN

Thanks

pokemon Gold the original ftw!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbmx View Post
    pokemon Gold the original ftw!
    Still got that promotional letter Nintendo sent out for kids to preorder the origial Gold and Silver. Don't ask me why, it's just I never could find the damn thing even if I wanted to get rid of it, I just know it's here somewhere.

Thanks

Blue. Nothing has been better than blue in my opinion, it was the first video game I ever played, and I will always remember my awesome Blastoise.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shin kai View Post
    Alas, as I don't have the GBA anymore (I still tell myself I could've won that GBA SP in that Stacker arcade machine but always failed at the last block)
    Haha, they have those where you're at too? I remember blowing like $50 once between a friend and I trying to win at that; by the fifth or six try on we were getting to that last block, and then "UH OOOOOH!". I swear those things are rigged ;/

On the topic of the gen 3 games though, I would recommend downloading an emulator just to play FireRed/LeafGreen; definitely worthy remakes of the originals. Too bad they couldn't have somehow re-added the missingno glitch for shits & grins

Quote Originally Posted by Littledood View Post
    Blue. Nothing has been better than blue in my opinion, it was the first video game I ever played, and I will always remember my awesome Blastoise.
    If not for having grown up with both Red/Blue and Gold/Silver I would have to agree. Nostalgia can be a powerful thing.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 15th-June-2012 at 06:32.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Haha, they have those where you're at too? I remember blowing like $50 once between a friend and I trying to win at that; by the fifth or six try on we were getting to that last block, and then "UH OOOOOH!". I swear those things are rigged ;/

On the topic of the gen 3 games though, I would recommend downloading an emulator just to play FireRed/LeafGreen; definitely worthy remakes of the originals. Too bad they couldn't have somehow re-added the missingno glitch for shits & grins
    I was in Vegas at the time and I had the sneaky suspicion that the thing was rigged too but I've heard some people say that's true and other say not.

I actually did play Leaf Green for a little bit on emulator but stopped because of other games that caught my eye (finally got around to getting passed a part I was stuck in Okami. How could I resist playing through the rest of that adventure??). And when I played it again, the memories of playing Yellow flooded back to me, except in full color this time. And for once I didn't have to work hard at catching a Nidoran just to beat Brock since now Charmander could do Metal Claw.
    Spoiler warning:

My god, if they remade Gen 3 for DS, I don't think I could care another Pokemon game in the main series for a long while. I say main series because I'm still waiting for Pokemon Snap 2.
    Last edited by shin kai; 15th-June-2012 at 07:13.