Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Favorite Pokemon Game

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shin kai View Post
    I'm still waiting for Pokemon Snap 2.
    That would be awesome, I agree.

But alas,
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In Pokemon snap didnt you just walk around and take pictures of pokemon?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    In Pokemon snap didnt you just walk around and take pictures of pokemon?
    Sort of. You were on a cart on a track along a set path and the object was to take pictures of different pokemon as they appeared in the environment. Your pictures were graded by professor oak on different poses, different numbers of the particular pokemon in the same picture, etc. Sometimes you would have to do different things to get certain pokemon to come out or turn around for the camera, like throwing apples at them. All in all it was a pretty fun game, and I'm surprised they haven't come out with a new one.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Sort of. You were on a cart on a track along a set path and the object was to take pictures of different pokemon as they appeared in the environment. Your pictures were graded by professor oak on different poses, different numbers of the particular pokemon in the same picture, etc. Sometimes you would have to do different things to get certain pokemon to come out or turn around for the camera, like throwing apples at them. All in all it was a pretty fun game, and I'm surprised they haven't come out with a new one.
    No offense but that sounds like a game that would bore me to death.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    No offense but that sounds like a game that would bore me to death.
    It's good in small doses considering there's not an actual storyline but I like to think it's concept carried over to other games as well.

As one reviewer said of Fatal Frame, it's like Shinto religion mixed with Pokemon Snap.

Thanks

My favorite overall pokemon game is a tie between Pokemon pinball and Pokemon Trading card game. Pinball is soooo addicting I can't believe they haven't made one for the ds. And the card game combined the awesomeness of the card game with the collect 8 badges and battle the elite 4. My favorite in the main series has to be gold. It just made so many improvements over the first game and is still so good that I quit playing heartgold to start back up playing it. Also who else here owns every pokemon game? I have all of the spinoffs and at least one copy of every generation.
    Here is my favorite pokemon. Oshawott is so cute I can't believe it.
    oshawott_by_shiny_arceus-d346hpl.png
    Last edited by xenozfan3; 17th-June-2012 at 16:10.
    I am the only person in the world who thinks that they should make a xenosaga hd collection.

Thanks

waiting for pokemon black and white 2 release ROM to here

Thanks
    EP Points

In the cr=ard game i always wonder what the legendary cards are consideing i hve 2 badge and have all 3 birds.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    In the cr=ard game i always wonder what the legendary cards are consideing i hve 2 badge and have all 3 birds.
    Yeah me too, since i was holding a zapdos card to start the game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xenozfan3 View Post
    Also who else here owns every pokemon game? I have all of the spinoffs and at least one copy of every generation.
    Man, that's a lot of dough considering all those spin offs.

Two Pokemon game I can't make heads or tails about whether or not I want to own them is the Pokemon Colosseum and Gale Darkness game. I've seen some gameplay vids and the concept seemed cool but from what I can discern, the inability to use an HM for certain environments or the need to trade to catch them all (I'm fine with that idea on handhelds but on a console where you need even more peripherals?) makes me hesitate.

If rumors are true, we might just see one of those games on the 3DS. I hope so.

Thanks
    EP Points

Two Pokemon game I can't make heads or tails about whether or not I want to own them is the Pokemon Colosseum and Gale Darkness game. I've seen some gameplay vids and the concept seemed cool but from what I can discern, the inability to use an HM for certain environments or the need to trade to catch them all (I'm fine with that idea on handhelds but on a console where you need even more peripherals?) makes me hesitate.

I loved collesum when it came out. Its the only other games besides kingdom hearts 2 i bought the huge book with all the info to the game.

Lost both books somehow.
    Considering how huge they are its odd i could lose them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Lost both books somehow.
    Considering how huge they are its odd i could lose them.
    As my friend's grandmother would say, although to our dismay: "Well it's not like it just got up and walked away!"

See, that's what interested me about the games too since for once, the main character seemed to have an attitude and personality. Although I liked the design of Wes better, I liked having a partner with you that wasn't a Pokemon.

Thanks
    EP Points

As my friend's grandmother would say, although to our dismay: "Well it's not like it just got up and walked away!"

See, that's what interested me about the games too since for once, the main character seemed to have an attitude and personality. Although I liked the design of Wes better, I liked having a partner with you that wasn't a Pokemon.
    I also like the shadow concept, instead of just grinding grass until you found a pokemon you could steal back already stolen pokemon. I thought that Colosseum was a very inovative entry, and i loved every minute of it.

Thanks

I bought most of the games at the day off release so I didn't have to buy them all at once. Also both gamecube games don't need any accessories unless you want to use your gba pokemon in a vs battle with the computer or your friends. If I had to choose a game it would be XD. I think it is a better game story wise and I think it is easier to purify your pokemon.
    I am the only person in the world who thinks that they should make a xenosaga hd collection.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xenozfan3 View Post
    I bought most of the games at the day off release so I didn't have to buy them all at once. Also both gamecube games don't need any accessories unless you want to use your gba pokemon in a vs battle with the computer or your friends. If I had to choose a game it would be XD. I think it is a better game story wise and I think it is easier to purify your pokemon.
    I guess you might be the one who can answer this one, or anyone too if they know the answer:

Does that mean on the Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, can you catch them all in a single playthrough without trading? And are the IV's and natures randomly generated when catching Pokemon?