Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get fast forward to work in actual game

Thanks

Default Can't get fast forward to work in actual game

Hi, first post, take it easy on me please.
    I'll try to follow the guidelines.

Hardware:
    i5 2500k Intel Core 3.3GHz
    570 GTX Factory Overclocked
    8 gb of ram
    Win 7 64 bit

Im using EPSXE, version 1.7. The video plugin is Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 and my sound plugin is Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41.
    Now the problem is that the game is not letting me fast forward. During the first clip at the very start, if I disable framelimiting, it will go up to something like 200 FPS, but as soon as I'm required to press anything it will just go back down to 60 fps. How can I make it go faster?
    Sorry if i am in the wrong subforum.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The f4 only works with the internal audio plgugin only in the others audio plugins it's the frames that you have selected in the video plugin (with eternal or other audio plugins its more complicated to fast forward since you need to use supra to enter video plugin menu and move between the diferent options filter,frames etc)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    The f4 only works with the internal audio plgugin only in the others audio plugins it's the frames that you have selected in the video plugin (with eternal or other audio plugins its more complicated to fast forward since you need to use supra to enter video plugin menu and move between the diferent options filter,frames etc)
    Hmm, i see. So is there any way I can get the game to run faster that wouldn't be TOO complicated?
    Thanks for replying btw, that was quick

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Using the internal epsxe audio plugin and that way you can use the F4 key to fast forward.

Thanks

I changed the audio plugin to the ePSXe one and then I went into the video plugin configuration to increase the framelimit to 120 and it still didn't go faster in the menu or in the game. I also tried allowing and not allowing FPS limit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you use the internal the plulgin the emulator control the frame rate not check the fps box as you can see in my page http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me and the game will run at fast at your pc can run

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gladiator (psx datacenter) For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm sorry, but i don't know what you mean. i'm using the internal audio plugin like you said but at the cinematic it goes at crazy fps (like 200) but as soon as the menu screen comes it can only go to 60.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are parts of teh games that depending of your PC specs and the video plugin config can only give the 60 fps that are the proper ones for the game, the same for audio tracks and character voices that limit the emulator speed to the game 50 fps (for PAL games) or 60 fps (NTSC games)

Thanks

Yeh, I tried pressing F7 in game and if the framelimit is turned off, it will go really fast (like, uncontrollable fast at 800 fps). But if I leave framelimiting on then in places like cinematics or combat it will go fast but in places like menu screens and just walking around it is slow. I have no idea how this works. If someone knows a way to make it the same fps all the time, PLEASE tell me.

And thank you for your help so far.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BrickTamland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why do you want to play at speeds faster than normal speed ?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Well, It's a REALLY time consuming game (Digimon World 3) and it involved quite a bit of grinding which I was hoping to speed up a bit. I don't wanna dedicate all my free time to just this one game when I could be doing many other things as well as advancing in this game. Once again, thats

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BrickTamland View Post
    Well, It's a REALLY time consuming game (Digimon World 3) and it involved quite a bit of grinding which I was hoping to speed up a bit. I don't wanna dedicate all my free time to just this one game when I could be doing many other things as well as advancing in this game. Once again, thats
    Turning frame-limiting on and off seems like your best bet. Cheating is always an option .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeh fair enough.
    Last question though, is it possible to bind framelimiting onto my xbox 360 controller that i use? I don't like having to get up, go to the keyboard to press F4 everytime I wanna slow/speed things up. thanks once again guys

Oh and, is it possible to let the background sound play at normal speed even with my FPS going sky high?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BrickTamland View Post
    yeh fair enough.
    Last question though, is it possible to bind framelimiting onto my xbox 360 controller that i use? I don't like having to get up, go to the keyboard to press F4 everytime I wanna slow/speed things up. thanks once again guys

Oh and, is it possible to let the background sound play at normal speed even with my FPS going sky high?
    Yeah, you can grab Xpadder and assign a free button to F4. Change your sound plugin to Eternal SPU or PEOpS, and set the sound mode to asynchronous (SPUAsync). Audio playback should be separate from game speed that way.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I downloaded Joytokey before seeing your comment and I managed to bind F4 onto a button i dont think ill be using and it works so much better now, thank you though

I'll try the audio fix as soon as i can, i really dont like hearing high pitched deafening sounds instead of the neat soundtrack this game has. Thank you so much for all your help.

Engage!