Thread: Why most Of the psx ISO I downloaded won't work in my psxfin emulator?

Thanks

Unhappy Why most Of the psx ISO I downloaded won't work in my psxfin emulator?

Most of the psx iso I downloaded won't work, like Gauntlet legend and twisted metal 3. While some of the iso have errors while extracting them from .rar. pls reply...

Thanks
    EP Points

Tell us how do you open and play the iso? I don't know if you only extract and play it; that won't work. You have to unecm them.
    And about the errors while extracting, its only caused by 2 problems imo. First is that the rar file itself is corrupted. You can probably fix them if the rar file got recovery record.
    Plus, errors may also occurred if you're not downloading them correctly or fully.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Muscab For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would use an emulator like epsxe instead. Now you might have got bad isos. What kind of iso was it? Maybe it was a dlc file and you need Jdownloader to download it. Or it was broken in parts and you need something like 7zip to extract it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    Tell us how do you open and play the iso? I don't know if you only extract and play it; that won't work. You have to unecm them.
    And about the errors while extracting, its only caused by 2 problems imo. First is that the rar file itself is corrupted. You can probably fix them if the rar file got recovery record.
    Plus, errors may also occurred if you're not downloading them correctly or fully.
    there is also the fact that some games that have been uploaded for some reason don't like some of the zip programs I have both winrar and 7zip I rely on 7zip more also if extracting with winrar if you have winrar associated with .iso files after extracting once your file will still show up as a .rar file even though it is playable at this point with winrar it is possible to extract to far and have an unplayable disc.

between Muscab's post and mine you should have the answer you were looking for if not post again and we will continue to try to help you

note where did you get the games from here(the forums) or the mainsite if from the mainsite it may be the ecm that Muscab mentioned on every ps download on the mainsite it has a link to ecm tools and a tutorial on how to use it if from here you put all the file parts in the same folder and only extract the first part(.001) and that will give you a playable .iso

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

First I extract the iso from the Winrar then I open my psxfin emulator and click "File" then I click "insert cd image" then choose the file that I have extracted then it just said that "cd not usable;failed to open the file".
    And about the errors while extracting, I think you are right because I usually download the games then pause it, then continue downloading the next day. I usually do it for those games with large size. Thank you sir!!!

I also has an epsxe emulator and I already tried it but it doesn't work either....
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 4th-May-2012 at 11:00. Reason: use the EDIT button, don't double post

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

what is the game you are trying to run, psxfin is not as compatible as epsxe 1.70 ,format of the file you have and size (ej. bin+cue 370 mb )? and i suppose in epsxe you use the option run iso if you don't mount the game you can use the run cd option and in psxfin is the same.

You can also checck the turorials in my page for more info http://psxdatacenter.emuparadise.me/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom17 View Post
    First I extract the iso from the Winrar then I open my psxfin emulator and click "File" then I click "insert cd image" then choose the file that I have extracted then it just said that "cd not usable;failed to open the file".
    Are you sure that it is .iso? Tell me the link of where you downloaded it?

Thanks

oh! w8 u r right none of it was in an .iso format. I only got the ccd file, sub file and the image file that i got from extracting the ecm file. I downloaded it from here http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...ntlet_Legends_[NTSC-U]/36944-download . thank u 4 helping me I'm not really good with technology. hehehe

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Legend is a multitrack game so if you don't have the cue you have to use the ccd file to mount in a virtual drive or you don't hear any music while you are playinng and i think that epsxe can run the ccd also but i don't know if psxfin can run the ccd or if the game works in it right since i use the epsxe 1.70 to run it withoou any problem.