Thread: Alienware Any Good?

Thanks

Default Alienware Any Good?

The HP Pavilion that I currently have is starting to reach its last days. I was thinking about investing in an alienware laptop when I can get a little more cash. Are Alienware pcs decent or is there something better than them out there? Help please

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can buy an AlienWare (go for Desktop, more powerful) but You could also just make one from parts for $700-$1,200 easy. I'd bet on just making your own, and don't get a laptop, their processors usually are weaker than desktops and may miff you if you are a hardcore PC gamer.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks

Im not too much of a pc gamer. I play diablo 2 (soon 3) and the Total War games but thats about it for pc

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant103 View Post
    Im not too much of a pc gamer. I play diablo 2 (soon 3) and the Total War games but thats about it for pc
    then you would be better off looking elsewhere alienware is made for hardcore gamers and idiots alike if a person knows anything about pc's at all they would know/tell you that alienware is way overpriced. Unless you just like it for the looks I would go for something with similar specs from asus considering it isn't as easy to build your own laptop

you would save a lot of money in the process.
    here's one for $1250 USD the same internal components and specs from alienware comes to $1750 USD here's a look at what you would be getting if you went this route
    Last edited by Knightshade; 3rd-May-2012 at 03:12.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Go to a PC forum and you can get a lot of help choosing parts. Check out Tomshardware or Anandtech or another PC tech site and ask there again.

Suggest a price you are aiming for and they will do the rest. Most will suggest avoiding Alienware (I would as well). If you are building a desktop there are many great options and you will likely get a great deal if you are willing to spend a little extra effort.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Overclock.net has a nice community, one that won't try suggesting past your limit (without reason), I highly recommend the site .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant103 View Post
    The HP Pavilion that I currently have is starting to reach its last days. I was thinking about investing in an alienware laptop when I can get a little more cash. Are Alienware pcs decent or is there something better than them out there? Help please
    No there LED Ridden trash.

Build a nice PC at the same specs and you will save money as long as you shop around

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

Generally Alienware is higher prices for adding some custom feel with unnecessary options. Hardware isn't bad, but going through them isn't recommended as far as pc's are concerned. There's still better options available.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Generally Alienware is higher prices for adding some custom feel with unnecessary options. Hardware isn't bad, but going through them isn't recommended as far as pc's are concerned. There's still better options available.
    Yeah Alienware computers do look awesome and they have good parts but they are still way overpriced. Building your own is the best way to go especially if you want a desktop.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty much reaffirming what's already been said in this thread. As a general rule when buying hyped up brands of computers you pay more for the brandname than you do for the product. Alienware is like the Apple of the PC world (if Apple weren't the only company selling computers with OSX installed).
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"