Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because money is good.

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    and Any of the Kingdom hearts series
    Just saw this. Good, good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    But Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were masterpieces.
    Maybe in the eyes of a toddler or some nostalgic Disney fan.

Edit: It had been too long since I read some KH hate so I went back and fed at gamefaqs.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 19th-June-2012 at 18:09.

Thanks

Any game that's been saddled with SecuRom or something similar. It doesn't matter if it's used, if it's on a console instead of PC, I don't care. I simply won't pay for a game that's stuck with DRM for reasons that Shamus Young has belabored in the past (mainly that I don't want to in any way encourage the continued use of DRM in games, considering it only really affects the legitimate customer, while the pirates it's meant to stop don't have to deal with it at all since it'd have to be removed from pirated copies). So Bioshock and others are a big 'no' for me.
    "It's like a party in my pocket, and all their loot's invited!" -- Rutskarn, Chocolate Hammer

No, don't put the lime in the coconut! That's what The Man wants you to do! You're secretly helping breed a race of sentient, evil limes that are immune to their one weakness by exposing their fluids to it. It's true; I read it on Wikipedia somewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilfareth View Post
    Any game that's been saddled with SecuRom or something similar.
    Good man. The idea of copy protection against digital material is absolutely silly. There hasn't been a single case in history where it has actually stopped piracy. Although there have been several reports of the software completely crippling OS's (thanks Sony), as well as conflictions with existing software. I don't see why people insist on investing in something that has failed literally 100% of the time.

Thanks

Call of Duty, Battlefield or anything else where you slam your head on a controller (or keyboard) and clap your hands when you win.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrFlamingo View Post
    Call of Duty, Battlefield or anything else where you slam your head on a controller (or keyboard) and clap your hands when you win.
    Why do people keep acting like these two are in the same category? Damn EA marketing!

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Hmmm....quite a few, I suppose. (These fall under the 'pretty much' category, there are exceptions in every genre - Metal Gear, Excitebike, Punch-OUT!, Hang-On, etc..)

Categories that are *NOT* my scene: Sports, militaria, racing/driving, mafiaso/'true crime' stuff, Pokemonsters, simulations, RPGs (In specific, 'JRPGs'), photography-based stuff, etc.

85% of my family/friends/people DO enjoy those categories, though. My wife in specific loves the puzzle/picto/courtroom/JRPG/Poke/clue based/mind challenge-types of games.

I am learning, as I grow older, that I am becoming a bit of a 'snoot' when it comes to my choices. I mean, out of any given 20 DS games that I try, I only jive with maybe two of 'em; for every 50 Genesis games I give a go, I might enjoy FIVE of 'em....so...yeah...

What I REALLY need to do is get offa my lazy duff and do some 'Lou's Best Of' SD chips, heh....bit of Castlevania, bit of Streets of Rage, a little Mario, some Zelda, toss in some Kabuki Quantum and Resident Evil, add some.....
    (Thing is, I'm not sure if you can mix 'platforms' on one Micro SD; dont think that I could mix, say, NES, PSX, 2600, Lynx, and DS on the same chip.... ?)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    (Thing is, I'm not sure if you can mix 'platforms' on one Micro SD; dont think that I could mix, say, NES, PSX, 2600, Lynx, and DS on the same chip.... ?)
    You can. On my R4, I have a folder called GBC, which has the GBC emulator .nds rom, and a hell lot of .gbc roms. In the main R4 menu only the emulator shows up, but when I choose the emulator I can choose between GBC roms. Do you have R4 or other such cards that allow you to play .nds roms on your DS or is it something else?

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Ultima IX: Ascension
    Napoleon Dynamite: The Game
    Command and Conquer for ANY console (PC only)
    Dune for Sega CD
    World of Warcraft