Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Games you absolutely refuse to own

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    my aunt bought one of those nascar games for xbox360 once and i have yet to win a single race on it as its so restricting in how you're allowed to race (NASCAR ain't racing, its driving loops and thats obvious to anyone whos ever played games like need for speed). oops i bumped someone, green flag. oops i bumped a wall, green flag.
    Wasn't a huge fan of the need for speed games but yeah, I agree. Even Gran Turismo, meant to be at least fairly realistic, doesn't penalize you for smashing people off the road or using walls to make tight turns.

Reminds me of this game a buddy of mine had on the original xbox. As far as the gameplay itself went it was a decent game, but it penalized you for bumping other cars/walls in the form of costing you huge chunks of your winnings for "repairs". How is that fun?

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    and Any of the Kingdom hearts series

for some reason i just refuse to play it.
    I agree to some extent. The first game was decent, the second one was just ridiculous. Having to go through the same levels more than once gets old fast.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 17th-June-2012 at 06:49.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Any sonic game before Shadow the hedgehog. That game was so amazing. Sonic unleashed was really good too.

Thanks

Harvest Moon Tree Of Tranquility:
    The only good Harvest Moon game was Harvest Moon on the SNES.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pokemon Black and White and any newer one to come.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any Call of Duty past Black Ops. (i didnt even want that one)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    Any movie based game and Any of the Kingdom hearts series

for some reason i just refuse to play it.
    Can't disagree more, havn't played the hand held KH's yet mostly because i can't stand emulation that lags. (I'm picky )

But Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were masterpieces.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post

But Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were masterpieces.
    While I loved KH1 and the elements it brought in, what I didn't like about KH2 was how toned down in difficulty it seemed to be. I insisted playing on Proud mode and I believe the Sephiroth in KH1 was much more challenging than in KH2. Granted it was because you have different gameplay mechanics involved such as the Action sequences, but I also felt that after beating a world the first time, there wasn't much incentive to go back a 2nd time around unless you were a completionist (for example, the Pride lands).

Back on subject, I recently decided against owning the KH games on the DS because of it's controls. Dream Drop Distance seemed like a great game if I had a PSP, but the ones on DS did not seem up to the quality of the previous entries, even considering the hardware limitations.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shin kai View Post
    While I loved KH1 and the elements it brought in, what I didn't like about KH2 was how toned down in difficulty it seemed to be. I insisted playing on Proud mode and I believe the Sephiroth in KH1 was much more challenging than in KH2. Granted it was because you have different gameplay mechanics involved such as the Action sequences, but I also felt that after beating a world the first time, there wasn't much incentive to go back a 2nd time around unless you were a completionist (for example, the Pride lands).

Back on subject, I recently decided against owning the KH games on the DS because of it's controls. Dream Drop Distance seemed like a great game if I had a PSP, but the ones on DS did not seem up to the quality of the previous entries, even considering the hardware limitations.
    When The new 3D one comes out Dream Drop Distance (I don't think its out yet tbh unless i have my months mixed up). I'm going to rent it from gamefly. Mostly because my step siter jsut got a 3ds and i really love the series. I wonder if 3d is KH3. I doubt it because it's probably not as huge as the others were. As most of the ds games are i'm sure.

With 2 i found 2's seperath to be the most challenging. Also i'm fairly sure you had to go back to each world a second time to finish the second Arc of the story there. Which is also how i found out the lion king's peak is the best grind point. since there a shit laod of birds and if you can keep a constant combo you can stay up there easy.

KH2 brought plenty of great new features. But maybe it wasn't really hard enough idk.

Thanks
    EP Points

I personally refuse to play Final Fantasy X, X-2, XI, XII, XII-2, Sonic 06, and most 3rd party games for the Nintendo DS.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk, and fear reigns.
    and by the blade of Knights, mankind.. was given hope

Thanks

"Girl" games. You know the ones: pastel, inane, and usually either cooking or fashion-related.
    Also, the Imagine series and any sports game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    I wonder if 3d is KH3. I doubt it because it's probably not as huge as the others were. As most of the ds games are i'm sure.
    I stand corrected about the need to complete a world twice. As for KH 3D, it's not as some sources have stated

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nnect-with-iii

I'm patient though, as I have other games in my collection to play.

Another series of games I refuse to own is Diablo 3 but not because that it's a bad game in my opinion, but merely that if I did start playing them, I know it's going to take a lot of time to invest in playing it. I'd much rather play a handheld or another console game I can play in intervals.
    Last edited by shin kai; 17th-June-2012 at 19:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

I stand corrected about the need to complete a world twice. As for KH 3D, it's not as some sources have stated

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nnect-with-iii

I'm patient though, as I have other games in my collection to play.

Another series of games I refuse to own are MMO's and Diablo 3 but not because that they're bad games in my opinion, but merely that if I did start playing them, I know it's going to take a lot of time to invest in playing it. I'd much rather play a handheld or another console game I can play in intervals.
    So hyped for 3D to come out. It look very impressive also if you have seen the screen shots.

But yeah, i liked the revisiting the world to finish the story so all worlds are able to be used for grinding if you get bored. Otherwise you could really only grind on the last few and nto be able to see the scenery. KHIII will be epic though i'm sure. Considering it seems it will be on the next gen consoles i'm sure it has to be huge.

Thanks

Oh, and games based off of stuff (especially anything animated or filmed). They generally stink. Don't get me wrong, there's exceptions, but... There's a reason why there's a trope called The Problem With Licensed Games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fist Of Tulkas View Post
    Oh, and games based off of stuff (especially anything animated or filmed). They generally stink. Don't get me wrong, there's exceptions, but... There's a reason why there's a trope called The Problem With Licensed Games.
    I have to say, that is an interesting find. It even cites examples in the current generation.

Thanks

I have to say, that is an interesting find. It even cites examples in the current generation.
    Of course it does. As long as there are video games and movies, there will be attempts to increase the cash flow with games based off of movies (or vice versa).