Thread: [DC] Tokyo Bus Guide: camera issues in both nullDC and DEMUL

Thanks

Default [DC] Tokyo Bus Guide: camera issues in both nullDC and DEMUL

I tried to play Tokyo Bus Guide on both nullDC 1.0.4 and DEMUL 0.5.7, which according to their respective compatibility lists should be perfectly playable, but I am having a weird issue with the in-game camera that renders it practically unplayable. And the weird thing is, it's the exact same problem in both emulators!

What happens is that when I drive in the 3rd-person perspective, every now and then the camera will very suddenly and repeatedly jump to the far left or right of the bus, and slowly rotate back in place behind it. This usually happens every 3-5 seconds (some pauses in between), makes you completely lose orientation, rash into stuff and lose the game. It happens irrespective of whether I activate or deactivate the rolling camera in the game options (which should allow me to fix the camera firmly straight behind the bus). I have watched playthrough videos of the game on YouTube, most of them probably also recorded in emulators, but I've seen it happen in none of them.

My plugin configurations: (although I tried just about anything I thought could make a difference)
    • DEMUL 0.5.7: gpuDX11, spuDemul, gdrImage, padDemul, netDemul
    • nullDC 1.0.4 r136: drkPvr, ImgReader, nullAICA, vbaARM, PuruPuru, drkMapleDevices

Edit: it seems that the problem might stem from some floating-point error or other; it disappears when deactivating dynarec. Since I've found emulation recordings on YouTube that don't have the problem, I wonder whether this is a bug that has not been present in previous versions of nullDC and DEMUL, or whether those recordings were made with Makaron (which I can't get to boot my specific rip of the game).
    Last edited by tadrio; 22nd-April-2012 at 16:40.

Thanks

Te recomiendo el Chankas Alpha Yo personalmente jugue este juego Con ese Emulador Sin Problemas Y practicamente sin Configuraciones Complejas.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jehuty_2 View Post
    Te recomiendo el Chankas Alpha Yo personalmente jugue este juego Con ese Emulador Sin Problemas Y practicamente sin Configuraciones Complejas.
    Hola, jehuty, bienvenido a Emuparadise

This is an english based forum, please, try to make your posts in english so everyone can be able to read them.

Thanks

Unfortunately Chankast Alpha v0.25 runs very badly on my system... emulation is about 3 times faster than the sound, there is a lot of noise and everything is jumpy, half of the on-screen elements are missing, analogue controls don't work... so basically everything is broken, and on my System any game is unplayable in Chankast. I don't know how to fix that unfortunately.
    Last edited by tadrio; 11th-May-2012 at 00:45.