Thread: Xbox emulators - How to get them working with Nas shares?

Thanks

Default Xbox emulators - How to get them working with Nas shares?

I would like to store all my roms and 'emulation xtras' on a NAS box (Netgear Stora) but the device uses a username/password to access the shares and I cannot get the xbox emulators to talk with the NAS box!

Strange, but XBMC for xbox has no problems streaming videos, comic books or music!

I had a hunt around on the net and tried the suggestions but I still can't get it to work!

I have X-port emulators running on a 1.6xbox with a duoX2 modchip with XBMC dated April 2010.

Please Help! I want to claim back most of the space the roms/media takes up for a few more xbox games on the drive....

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The emulators need to support this, the OS has little to do with it

XBMC is just a custum OS, the modchip is also altering the OS and neither will help get emulators reading from a Network

You can however just get a new large HDD and install that into the olde xBox, I think mine is about 120GB, just an old desktop HDD

Although not as simple as I made that sound, look around here for a guide for doing that (youtube may have some vids for doing that aswell)

Personly I don't have every emulated game on my xbox and I don't have every xbox game on it either (not that I would have even close to enough space for that anyway) I only have on it what I actually play.. well ish anyway I have most english emulated roms on there but only select games for PSX emulation and a select few xbox games

I do store full rom sets ect on external HDD's (4TB's worth and I have ran out of space again) I use those as backup and extract off what I want to play as and when I want to have those roms or games on my xbox

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR