Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Sonic (Girl) Warrior Reunion! ________ (=^.^= )

Thanks

I was never picked on for gaming/types of games either..more for looking like a nerd/not keeping up with clothing trends at the time...whatever...so this doesn't apply to me luckily in my case

Thanks
    EP Points

I am not female but like many others I can relate I was an out cast at school because of my grades and my love for gaming I was growing up in that age where gaming wasn't main stream.

But the hardest moments in my life came from home I played on my cousins NES and all was good until I got my very own console it was a Super Nintendo that I saved up for and bought myself only to see it wrapped and placed under the tree by my mom with a from santa tag on it.

I was exited to open that package X-mas morning not just because it was my first console, but the satisfaction of knowing I bought it myself. Sounds good right. Wrong got the Snes hooked up and played about ten minutes of super mario before my dad came in and yanked the snes up and threw it across the room and yelled at me for playing games we got into a big fight over him throwing my game in which the police were called to tell 12 year old me that even though I paid for it myself I and it were my fathers property and there was nothing I could do got my system back from my mom about a month later when she talked my dad into letting me play under strict playtime limits 30 minutes on weekends 15 on school days after homework and chores providing it wasn't after 8:00pm

also I quit receiving money for my chores because in the words of my dad "He doesn't need money to spend on those stupid things and if he gets money from anywhere to buy more I will take a sledge hammer to that damn thing."

yeah my dad was a dick.

should add that I grew to slightly understand my dads point of view which was that I should of spent my time studying not playing games but his methods and communication were prehistoric at best

but all in all I think many gamers have faced discrimination and adversity to come out a better person for it we learn that we can cope with discrimination though it is a hard lesson that took me many many years to learn,
    It also taught me not to judge harshly just because someone doesn't have the same interest as me.
    now even when I can't understand a persons reasons I still try to find common ground to open a dialogue that will help me and them understand each other. And I refuse to judge others by interest/appearances.
    Last edited by Knightshade; 17th-April-2012 at 10:51. Reason: original came off as bitter which I am not and was not my goal in this post

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

up up down down left right left right "b" "a" select start.
    Thanks

nope. i am a little weird, but im not a lucy. for reference: know this: im a dude (and yes foggy han i know that you know. this is for other people.)
    I LOVE EXPLOSIONS
    HALO=EPIC WIN
    Crash is a boss.
    sonic is a boss.
    Megaman is a boss
    Dr Nefarious is a boss(the final boss, to be exact [!!!spoiler alert!!!except in crack in time][i still consider him the final boss even when he's in the biobliterator[which looks like a transformer/deathstar hybrid], simply because he gets esploded])
    *re-reads original post to make sure is not off topic*
    yup im good.
    actually, now that i think about it, i am somewhat picked on because i know how to take out ripper roo, and have gotten through green hill zone act one in 45 seconds flat, and listen to dr wily's theme, and that at times me and my friend [name and address withheld] break out into emerald coast part two(the part when you go into a cave after you run by the lighthouse{ this occurs after you get chased by a whale} or stage two of emerald coast on sonic generations 3ds), or the original pokemon theme ("I want to be.. the very best... like no one ever was")

and that i dig megaman X.
    and program games.
    LIKE A BOSS
    Last edited by YKTG_ZX; 24th-April-2012 at 21:40. Reason: i thunk about it.
    ZX.logOut();
    Critical systems ERROR! REBOOTING...
    ZX>what was that?
    ZX>i dont think thats normal.
    ZX>lets try that again
    ZX.logOut();
    SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE INITIATED! 5-4-3-2-1
    ZX>NOOOOOOOOOOO
    COMPUTER.EXPLODE
    ERROR> METHOD NOT FOUND
    ZX>oh thank goodness
    COMPUTER.JK
    ZX> [IMG]

Thanks
    EP Points

Foggy_han asked me to check this thread out, and possibly post if I wanted to (even though I'm a dude). So here goes... (Congrats on making your first thread, Foggy )

I guess I was never singled out or picked on for being a Nintendo nut (the NES was my first console) - in grade school (between the ages of 6 and 8) it was actually a handy thing, because there were other kids in class who were into gaming, and it was something we all could talk about. Mario, Mega Man, etc. We used to trade passwords for the Mega Man games at lunch time. Scribble 'em down on paper. We used pencil, so for Mega Man III, red dots were filled in, blue were open circles. At home, my folks actually used games as a motivator to do better in school... if I got good grades and turned in my homework on time, I would get to stay up and play for a little longer, or once in a while, when we could afford it, get a new game.

Gamers were more of a sub-group at school by 6th grade, junior high. By then, you were either into it or you weren't... but, it was easy to figure out by talking to them who was a gamer and who wasn't. I was subscribed to Game Player's magazine, so I usually knew all the latest cheats, even for games I didn't have. This also worked in my favor... you could barter your way into certain conversations by having the right info.

@Knightshade - Sorry you had to put up with such crap from your dad. Some adults just rage against what they don't understand, I guess. Still, his behavior is indefensible. Video games weren't the monster some people thought they were.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, Knightshade, I'm sorry. You're dad sounds like an #@$hole. The police should've yelled at your dad for doing that. Wow. I'm really sorry.

Thanks
    EP Points

wtf?Why would someone post that? Do you think they are spam. I'm thinking about reporting it. Foggy worked hard on this thread, and obviously put a lot of thought into it. So if you spam her. Watch out, I know magic.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    wtf?Why would someone post that? Do you think they are spam. I'm thinking about reporting it. Foggy worked hard on this thread, and obviously put a lot of thought into it. So if you spam her. Watch out, I know magic.
    This kind of thing happens often that was a bit of a post made by Inferno I believe in another thread the spam bot copies bits of post from elsewhere on the forums and post them in random threads the creator hoping this makes sense and does not get detected as fast the spam is actually in the sig of these post.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well im a little late to the party but foggy and iamerror just pointed me in this direction

as a kid i was never really made fun of for being into video games or anything but that was heavily influenced by my parents
    my dad made sure that i played 3 sports throughout the year, basketball, soccer and baseball and i was i guess a little natural athlete when i was littler so they came easy to me so people overlooked the fact that i was really smart and into lots of games. <---- not alot actually, i never got an allowance for chores my whole childhood so i never had any money to spend on games, when i got a new game i played that thing nonstop pretty much for several months/maybe a year before i got a new one. i was also never really looked at for being into games because my parents did everything they could to make sure i could not play them, to this day (well technically not anymore since i just graduated high school last week) i could never play any video games on a weekday at all, even if i had no homework or anything. its not like i was stupid or anything, i get pretty much straight A's, my only B's were not until high school i got a 91% in a tech class (grading scale was 92-100 as an A so dumb) and then another in graphic design (which was basically lets use photoshop class, and the teacher sucked with the program and didnt know how to do crap and i did so she hated me) but back to the not gaming during the week thing, this made me a little antisocial i guess, since i am very competitive (especially online games) and i didnt want anyone to pass me up, so as the few friends i had played their games throughout the week and a little on the weekend as well, i tried (and usually succeeded) in making up the ground on the weekend by playing so much. As a result im not really known in school unless someone wants help with their homework then all of a sudden im there best friend, or they sit next to me in a class they suck in. but another effect of the no games during the week strict program, i did the next best thing, i read books, lots. usually fantasy/science fiction, a couple mystery or thrillers, to replace the fact that i couldnt play games. this of course did not help my social image since i practically brought a new book with me almost every other day to school. but like i said before, most of this was overlooked at times since i was good at sports but as i grew older and the die-hard jocks beefed up (and i didnt since i spent my free time reading, gaming and actually doing my hw) my sporting talents fell through (you should have seen my dad's reaction when freshmen year i told him i wasnt going to go out for basketball, short story version, i got grounded for 3 months, no internet-except for school, no phone, no games) and now im more of an outsider than i have ever been.

Thanks
    EP Points

That is alright, Sheras. One can never be really late to a party.

I would like to reassure my thanks to everyone here that gave their contribution.
    If the thread had a "thanks" button, believe me, I would thank each one of you.

We were presented with some profound situations here, and I am sure one can truly benefit from reading such variety of experiences,
    especially if facing harsh moments due to what was here discussed. Thanks to you, there are some great and positive thoughts here
    that can certainly motivate gamers (and not just "Lucy's") to never let others' opinions constrain what they are, and be proud of that.
    I, in my whole honesty, have to praise the courage shown in sharing such deep, personal matters. You people rock. For real.
    So, whadda ya say folks? Group hug?

Spoiler warning:
    Group Hug it is.

...in alphabetical order. The most unbiased order.

Andy, bigbigbuddy, Dr.Ivo Robotnik
    Drageuth, Elin, foggy_han (I wouldn't be out of this, right? )
    Gare, Gypsy, iamerror
    j-sime, Knightshade, Kouen
    Majinkura, Manabu, Rockstar1983
    Sheras, SwordOfTime, YKTG_ZX... and that bot who posted and got deleted.

And after all the hugging I just noticed... I did not share any experience with you at all.

Pyo!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by foggy_han View Post
    foggy_han (I wouldn't be out of this, right? )
    How does one go about hugging oneself?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    How does one go about hugging oneself?

... but, but... it was a group hug.

Actually, I wanted to place a "hug smiley" for each one, but the smiley limit is 20, so I grouped them in
    trios, but there was one element missing so, although it was implied I would be in it, I still put my name...

up up down down left right left right "b" "a" select start.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foggy_han View Post
    Andy, bigbigbuddy, Dr.Ivo Robotnik
    Drageuth, Elin, foggy_han (I wouldn't be out of this, right? )
    Gare, Gypsy, iamerror
    j-sime, Knightshade, Kouen
    Majinkura, Manabu, Rockstar1983
    Sheras, SwordOfTime, YKTG_ZX... and that bot who posted and got deleted.
    to quote a creeper: group hugs are nicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccce(KABOOM!)
    ZX.logOut();
    Critical systems ERROR! REBOOTING...
    ZX>what was that?
    ZX>i dont think thats normal.
    ZX>lets try that again
    ZX.logOut();
    SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE INITIATED! 5-4-3-2-1
    ZX>NOOOOOOOOOOO
    COMPUTER.EXPLODE
    ERROR> METHOD NOT FOUND
    ZX>oh thank goodness
    COMPUTER.JK
    ZX> [IMG]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Back on request!

Thanks
    EP Points

i read the title, then the explanation... fail to see how the 2 are related at all (super sonic warrior has what to do with those comics and stuff?). i get the point of the thread and all but... you know what, nevermind, i don't think this concerns me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay guys, just wanted to post this:

Yeah, it is still the "group hug" thing, but this time it is done properly.

Spoiler warning:
    And now, as someone usually says, let's just wait for: