Thread: Need Help with PS2 Laser HD7 Replacement

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need Help with PS2 Laser HD7 Replacement

Hi all, I was able to get a HD7 Laser for versions 1-8 for the PS2. My only problem is that I cannot find the solder protection for the laser, could anyone post a picture showing where the anti-static protection is?

Thanks,
    HaloSlayer255

P.S. I heard somewhere that PS2s with the HD7 does not play nicely with modchips, my system is modded with Modbo 4.0. I really hope that I do not have to remove it :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Does anyone know, or know where a pic is showing the protection?

Thanks in advance,
    HaloSlayer255

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi again everyone,

I was able to find a guide on the Web about the KHS-400 R and HD7 lasers, this is the link http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums...20(READ%20ME): to the section in question, does anyone have any pictures that shows the location of the solder protection? Your help would be greatly appreciated

HaloSlayer255

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello? Anyone online?

Anyways I was able to find the anti-static protection for the KHS-400R HD7 Lasder Unit there were 4 contacts on the far right that I desoldered, although the laser still does not work... the disk spins when I put the top cover on and power on the console, even with originals they do not load. Could it be a damaged contact on the ribbon cable, if so how to fix? I would prefer that I could maybe apply copper tape and resolder the connection.

Or is it possible that the modbo 4.0 may need uninstalled, the console powered on, and the modbo 4.0 reinstalled on the PS2? Any thoughts would be of great assistance.

Thanks,
    HaloSlayer255

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello everyone,

I found out what I did wrong, when I installed the Modbo 4.0 points M N O and P had excess solder that I had missed, the ribbon cable had the far right contact damaged, but I repaired it by aligning viable traces and snipping them with scissors hehehe. I wonder if anyone has a diagram showing point SX this is the only point that I need, it looks like it goes on the resistor but it could also be the capacitor; could anyone show the sx point?

Thanks and have a good weekend,
    HaloSlayer255