Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Sega Genesis/Megadrive] PIER SOLAR [Bad dump]*

Thanks

EP Points

Default [Sega Genesis/Megadrive] PIER SOLAR [Bad dump]*

PIER SOLAR Full Rom Dump

8MB
    BIN Format

Dump by my super easy 16-bit cartridge dumper RETRODE 2: http://www.retrode.org/

Download Link:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 13th-April-2012 at 10:15.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BongaBoyKamote For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well done. Except that (a) it is not a full dump and (b) your ass just caught fire

Cheers,
    Matthias
    ("He Who Makes Super Easy 16-Bit Cartridge Dumpers")

Thanks
    Thanked 4,819 Times in 669 Posts

EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BongaBoyKamote View Post
    8MB
    Dude, did you look at the face of your cart? What size does it say? It says 64MB... Pier Solar is undumpable via conventional means. Which is good
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Dude, did you look at the face of your cart? What size does it say? It says 64MB... Pier Solar is undumpable via conventional means. Which is good
    Uhm, 64Mbit == 8Mbyte. The protection mechanism is a bit more involved than that.

Thanks

I may be mistaken but I do not believe this game has any real protection regarding dumping the ROM data. It's protection comes in it's size and custom memory mapping used to make the game work on a system that could not normally support it. The game also likely uses programing tricks that depend on very specific behavior of a real console that would deadlock all but the most accuracy focused emulator or hardware clone.

I analyzed the ROM data in a HEX editor and it does seem legit as far as I can see. Analyzing the ROM data yourself will also show you this message.

AAPleaseAdisregardAanyApreviousAAannouncementVAThi sAgameAisAnotAAAAAAlicensedUAendorsedAorAAAAAAspon soredAbyAAAAAAAAcorporationVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPierASolarUAKANQRQVAAAAAAAAADevel opedAandApublishedAbyAAAAAAAAWaterMelonAcorporatio nVAAAARespect our +6 years of hard work, please do not dump, copy | hack this ROM.Please remind that this game was sold without any benefits, do not waste those efforts.Thank you!
    No public emulators or hardware flash carts support this game and none are likely to do so in the near future. Lets just respect the development teams wishes and leave it alone. One day we might get lucky and they will give the go ahead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by generalleoff View Post
    I analyzed the ROM data in a HEX editor and it does seem legit as far as I can see. Analyzing the ROM data yourself will also show you this message.
    Except it's one block of 32KB, repeated over and over. Not what I would call a full, let alone good, dump. So let's keep the thread alive and celebrate the OP's cluelessness for a little longer, shall we?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Was Pier Solar a glop top or ordinary chip? My copy is at my parent's house right now so I can't check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias_H View Post
    Except it's one block of 32KB, repeated over and over. Not what I would call a full, let alone good, dump. So let's keep the thread alive and celebrate the OP's cluelessness for a little longer, shall we?

Yup, just checked it out myself. Same thing over and over again for 8MBs. That's why it was able to be compressed so small.

EDIT: Just found it:
    http://i51.tinypic.com/ap6vpe.jpg

Probably a glop or TSOP, so I can't dump it; not that I would share if I did. Not this game.
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 30th-May-2012 at 18:23.

Thanks

EP Points

I am wondering: why does the beta work on emulators and the final does not?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tosnic View Post
    PM me this "Beta" version you speak of. As for the "final," this upload is not complete. It hardly has enough unique data to complete the header information and is simply repeated over and again. within the hex.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,819 Times in 669 Posts

EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tosnic View Post
    Because the beta was released on the net by WaterMelon. I don't know if it was publicly released as a demo, or simply shared with beta testers and leaked, but it's purpose was to be played freely without them needing to produce carts. So it could be played on an emulator or a copier or whatever.
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks

EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I don't know if it was publicly released as a demo, or simply shared with beta testers and leaked
    The former. I remember it was hosted on their website back when I first found it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 721 Posts

EP Points

here is the beta 2010 version of pier solar released by watermelon.
    Download Links:
    IMPORTANT INFO ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM MY PUTLOCKER LINKS:
    to download from my putlocker links,when you copy and paste the link into your browser,change the word putlocker in the link to firedrive.

if you are have problems downloading files from my billionupload links then do the following.
    what you have to do concerning billionuploads on the second download screen is just uncheck(untick) the small box below download link and then click on the download link.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by fumanchu View Post
    here is the beta 2010 version of pier solar released by watermelon.
    Download Links:
    WOW, they improved upon the game big time since that was released! A lot of blank data in the hex as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    PM me this "Beta" version you speak of. As for the "final," this upload is not complete. It hardly has enough unique data to complete the header information and is simply repeated over and again. within the hex.
    Well - the OP's dump at least has enough data in it to display the copyright screen if running on Mega Everdrive. Have you 100% confirmed it's repeating data?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by darkfalzx View Post
    Well - the OP's dump at least has enough data in it to display the copyright screen if running on Mega Everdrive. Have you 100% confirmed it's repeating data?
    Yes. Grab a free hex editor and see for yourself. Also, the Efren that you mention is hard coded into your console. If you owned a Genesis v1 with HD graphics, it would not display that screen.
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 16th-July-2012 at 22:34.