Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is why I don't watch the news.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default This is why I don't watch the news.

Nothing but whining about kids being forced to clean toilets as punishment and giving equal time to cry babies who make movies about how bad bullying is in an attempt to create a generation of coddled, shielded little snot nosed brats who wouldn't know reality if it punched them in the face.

Thanks

eh, theres a difference between stopping bullying and coddling. If I had a child I'd rather him be alive and coddled out of touch with reality than suicidal or homicidal because of being bullied

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was bullied as a kid and well into high school, yet I never once tried to kill myself or thought of killing others. If anything, I turned out to be a better person because of it; the sooner kids become acquainted with the harsh nature of reality, the better off they are.

Coddling them only leads to adults who can't cope with how things work in the world; unhappy people who are so ill adjusted to life that they'd end up killing themselves anyway.

Thanks

Just because you turned out fine doesn't mean all kids do, I was bullied myself and yes I turned out fine as well but many kids who are bullied relentlessly commit suicide because of it or shoot their classmates. Also, I don't understand what u mean by the "harsh nature of reality" bullying as a kid largely goes unpunished, you pull that crap as an adult and u'd get sued or thrown in jail.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are ways to get rid of bullying in college and schools.
    Get girls on your side somehow then they will protect you.
    No one says anything to girls.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcold1 View Post
    Just because you turned out fine doesn't mean all kids do, I was bullied myself and yes I turned out fine as well but many kids who are bullied relentlessly commit suicide because of it or shoot their classmates. Also, I don't understand what u mean by the "harsh nature of reality" bullying as a kid largely goes unpunished, you pull that crap as an adult and u'd get sued or thrown in jail.
    Those that kill themselves or others would have done so anyway even if they weren't bullied upon growing up and entering the real world; they simply are not capable of handling stress without breaking in horrible ways.

As for harsh reality, it's simple; they have to learn that in the real world, people are cruel and will do everything they can do tear you down. In school, it's simply to give them an ego boost or make themselves feel better (it's true that most bullies are in fact insecure and so act out like this), while in life beyond grade/middle school, it's to advance themselves in work or life itself. They sooner they learn that life can be cruel, there WILL be people who will try to bring you down for their own means and learn to cope with it without breaking, the better off they'll be.

And as I've said, coddling children will only lead to ill adjusted, deeply unhappy people who can't cope with the harsh reality of life.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Those that kill themselves or others would have done so anyway even if they weren't bullied upon growing up and entering the real world; they simply are not capable of handling stress without breaking in horrible ways.

As for harsh reality, it's simple; they have to learn that in the real world, people are cruel and will do everything they can do tear you down. In school, it's simply to give them an ego boost or make themselves feel better (it's true that most bullies are in fact insecure and so act out like this), while in life beyond grade/middle school, it's to advance themselves in work or life itself. They sooner they learn that life can be cruel, there WILL be people who will try to bring you down for their own means and learn to cope with it without breaking, the better off they'll be.

And as I've said, coddling children will only lead to ill adjusted, deeply unhappy people who can't cope with the harsh reality of life.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kids these days....*ramble*...back in my day....and we liked it!
    Last edited by Gypsy; 1st-April-2012 at 13:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's bullshit, you don't have to be bullied to understand the harsh nature of reality, neither does getting bullied necessarily make you stronger. tl;dr they're unrelated.

Bullies are insecure people who're under pressure, which forces them to make other suffer in order to make themselves feel happy. Neither the bullies nor the bullied like their situation. There's nothing cool or awesome or badass about this.

And about suicide or killing others, that's a really complicated matter, and cannot be explained that easy. There's no such thing as "He killed himself because of X", there are usually a lot of reasons for this sort of behavior, not just one.

@Aeolus Aeneas: You make it sound like those who commit suicide were destined to do it anyway. I don't believe in destiny, so I'm gonna have to disagree.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Aeolus, I just don't understand the logic behind the whole "needing to learn the harsh reality" do you need to be shot in the head to learn that people shoot eachother? You don't need to have bad things happen to you to be able to learn that bad things can happen. Trying to prevent bullying is not "coddling" its trying to prevent a form of abuse that although it may be a reality, is not acceptable moral behavior at any age. This is why most countries have laws, to protect people.

Your comments are just ridiculously ignorant to "reality" and you paint one picture of a way someone could turn out as if its the case for everyone. I've known far more "coddled" kids that turned out perfectly fine than those who were bullied or were the bullies. This is just my experience and doesn't prove anything other than that being coddled doesn't make you unequipped to deal with the real world and being bullied doesn't equip you for the real world. There are to many factors that affect that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well the admins and mods and other senior member is bullying me here . what to do any advice?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit Tanwar View Post
    well the admins and mods and other senior member is bullying me here . what to do any advice?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit Tanwar View Post
    well the admins and mods and other senior members are bullying me here . what to do any advice?

Thanks
    EP Points

u mad bro?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    u mad bro?
    You all making me mad.
    What I did wrong?
    Even those who doesn't know me doing this.
    Last edited by Mohit; 7th-September-2012 at 15:19.