Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What shows did you watch when you a kid?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What shows did you watch when you a kid?

I grew up in the 80's, I still remember most of the cartoons and shows I watched back then. Apparently I still know every word of their theme songs too. Since we vary in age in this forum, I want to know what you watch when you were growing up?
    I watched Voltron, Transformers, Thundercats, Mr. Wizard's world, Count Duckula, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, My little Pony, The Adventures of David the Gnome, Spartacus and the Sun Beneath the Sea, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

There was a cartoon that I forgot the tittle already. Not sure whether it was a hybrid of cartoon and real human.
    But one thing that I still remembered. There was a human sticking/plug in some sort of vehicle key into his eye and transform into something that I forgot already.
    It was a good show when I was still young though I forgot the tittle already. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    EP Points

What decade was this in? It sounds vaguely familiar.

Thanks
    EP Points

I used to love Spielberg's "Tiny Toon Adventures" and "Animaniacs". Used to watch Disney's "Bonkers" and "Darkwing Duck" quite a bit, too. Recently, I re-watched some episodes of my old faves on YouTube... some of the jokes are funnier to me now, as an adult!

When I could pull 'em in on the old antenna, I used to watch the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" and "Captain N: The Game Master". Pretty corny stuff, but I was all about Nintendo when I was a kid. I can find some of the old Super Show cartoons on DVD, but I wish they'd re-issue the live-action stuff with real actors playing Mario and Luigi. The acting was really awful, but somehow it fit perfectly with the mood of the show.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember those shows too. I love animaniacs. My fav was Wakko.

Thanks

I remember watching Dragonball Z, Sesame Street, Tom & Jerry, and Looney Tunes (the originals) when I was a kid. Nothing was more enjoyable than watching cartoon characters beat the stuffing out of each other in unthinkable ways.
    How's it feel being beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    I remember those shows too. I love animaniacs. My fav was Wakko.
    Wakko was pretty cool, but the older I get, the more I appreciate Yakko's wise-arse sense of humor.

And, then there was Pinky and the Brain... *NARF!*
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

I still quote Pinky and the Brain, which I guess is sad."What are we doing tonight brain?" "Same thing we do every night, Pinky, try to take over the world!" "NARF!"

Thanks
    EP Points

What decade was this in? It sounds vaguely familiar.
    Probably 2000 plus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I still quote Pinky and the Brain, which I guess is sad."What are we doing tonight brain?" "Same thing we do every night, Pinky, try to take over the world!" "NARF!"
    It's cool brah, I have the entire series on dvd.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Animaniacs was one of my favourites growing up. Same with Darkwing Duck and Duck Tales. I remember loving Biker Mice From Mars, whenever I could find it, and Bucky O'Hare, even though it only ran for thirteen episodes. I used to wake up at 4AM during the week just so I could watch the Super Mario Bros. Super Show (that was the only time it played in my city). Rugrats was pretty great, too.

I know there was more that I watched and loved, but those are the ones that really stand out.

Oh, and Sailor Moon. Yes, I used to watch Sailor Moon.

Thanks
    EP Points

For me it was the 80's too. So a lot of Transformers and G.I.JOE. Oh and can't forget Jem and the Rockers. Pretty much all the other ones the OP mentioned too. And He-man. Shit, starting to remember my childhood now. Excuse me while I go off in the corner and cry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Stargate, The X-Files, Dark Angel, Andromeda, Star Trek TNG re-runs, Special Unit 2 (I'm still mad about it getting canned). A good chunk of the original live-action shows put out by Sci-Fi. After Sci-Fi stopped Atlantis at five seasons, I quit paying attention to the network.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 25th-March-2012 at 19:17.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

@Drag: Biker Mice From Mars and Mummies Alive were the two most ridiculous cartoons that I loved as a kid.

Thanks
    EP Points

I used to watch Jem too! I thought she was cooler than Barbie. I still remember the theme song.Sailor Moon was cool, I have a sailor moon wallet, which has her catchphrase backwards. It says I'll punish you in the name of the moon, instead of In the name of the moon, I'll punish you. Oh wow, I remember that from fifteen years ago, but I can't remember what day it is. I'm old.