Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kid Shot For Being Black

Thanks
    EP Points

And to think this all could have been avoided if Zimmerman listened to the 911 dispatcher. I think if someone was chasing after me, I'd run too, and fightback if I could, so I don't feel sorry for Zimmerman's cuts on his head. (maybe they'll knock some sense into him).

I think the main conundrum of this is the stand your ground bit. Zimmerman didn't really stand his ground, if anything Trayvon did.

Either-way this turns out, Zimmerman is going to look like shit in the eyes of the public. As stated in his, please pay for my stuff website.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jmurjeff View Post
    Well Zimmerman got the charges dropped. However it still shows history of violence. He was arrested for resisting officer with violence and battery of law enforcement officer. He got the charges changed which is common when you go to court with a lawyer. His ex-fiance had a restraining order on him.

Now Martin it seems was visiting his father because he was suspended. They only reveal he was suspended for 10 days for being in an unauthorized area. Now the family had the records sealed so you cannot know what that exactly means.

It is hard to determine if Martin had anything to do with any of the break ins. You would need to know how often he visited his father and when the break ins took place.

What I want to know is did Zimmerman conceal his gun or was it right in the open. If it is in the open I could understand Martin being concerned. You can speculate that he jumped him but it is not certain. Neither party looks good. However, the reason people claim he is a racist because of what was on his Myspace account. I don't know if I buy into Zimmerman's defense of his Myspace account was hacked. I would have to see IP logs to make that judgement.
    Charges being changed/dropped is also common when you're not perceived as a real danger to society. Restraining orders were filed by both sides and about the only thing that indicates is that he may have shitty luck with women.

It's because they're making cash off the merchandising. Whenever someone uses Trayvon's name or likeness, ca-ching. It's kinda hard to sell T-shirts when the person on it isn't so much perceived publicly as a perfectly innocent youth so much as a brute who got tossed out of school numerous times for such wonderful acts as punching a bus driver. It also gets hard to soak up pity when he's been suspected of theft numerous times in the past and could very well have been plotting something before all this went down.

He wasn't the only one performing break ins. Several individuals have been caught in the past. Some of them were called in by Zimmerman. I think that's reason enough to not dismiss his claims that the behaviour seemed "suspicious". Instead of "hey, why's there a black kid here! He must be a criminal!".

Here's the thing though, those comments were all levied against Mexicans. Just because he's racist against one group doesn't mean he's racist against all groups. Besides, any non-photoshopped image will show that the guy isn't exactly far removed genetically from Latin America. As for his opinions on black people, he's been a part of a mentoring program for a while. Several kids who went through that program with him? Black. Maybe it's one of those selective racisms. I know that when I leave the klan meeting where we bag on Jews I go home and take care of some underprivileged Arab kids. Or maybe he was spending years doing volunteer work because it's the perfect cover for murder. And all those law classes he was taking was just to find out about something as perfect as SYG so he could exploit it. I dunno.

He has a concealed carry permit and the general statement on how he carried it on patrol is that it was on his waist, under his shirt. He was also packing a really, really small gun. At night, in the rain, from a distance, you wouldn't know it was there. Even in good conditions it'd be hard to tell unless you're looking for it or he's wearing something extremely thin. It could have been exposed during the fight, but at that point the situation was already escalated.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    And to think this all could have been avoided if Zimmerman listened to the 911 dispatcher. I think if someone was chasing after me, I'd run too, and fightback if I could, so I don't feel sorry for Zimmerman's cuts on his head. (maybe they'll knock some sense into him).

I think the main conundrum of this is the stand your ground bit. Zimmerman didn't really stand his ground, if anything Trayvon did.

Either-way this turns out, Zimmerman is going to look like shit in the eyes of the public. As stated in his, please pay for my stuff website.
    Where exactly is there any evidence he didn't listen? If you listen to that call in its entirety it ends with him losing sight of Trayvon and saying he's going to wait around by his car for the cops to show up. It's generally shown in recreations that he changed course during or shortly after the call. Away from where he had assumed Trayvon was fleeing based upon his last sighting.

Yeah, he did "stand his ground". Meanwhile Zimmerman has a clearcut case of Self Defense even right down to failed attempts at retreat (witnesses cited that he was calling for help). I'd say those head injuries and the fact that Trayvon was still wailing on him are sufficient for a claim of imminent severe bodily harm. So yeah, Stand Your Ground killed someone here, just not in the way the media is saying it did.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post

He wasn't the only one performing break ins. Several individuals have been caught in the past. Some of them were called in by Zimmerman. I think that's reason enough to not dismiss his claims that the behaviour seemed "suspicious". Instead of "hey, why's there a black kid here! He must be a criminal!".

Yeah, he did "stand his ground". Meanwhile Zimmerman has a clearcut case of Self Defense even right down to failed attempts at retreat (witnesses cited that he was calling for help). I'd say those head injuries and the fact that Trayvon was still wailing on him are sufficient for a claim of imminent severe bodily harm. So yeah, Stand Your Ground killed someone here, just not in the way the media is saying it did.

I didn't see any conclusive evidence to determine that Trayvon was linked to any break ins.

The issue with the witnesses is they did not directly see the incident. Even the 911 tapes are being disputed on who said what. Now some forensic experts are saying Trayvon was screaming for help on the 911 call. Now I don't know the accuracy of the computer software they use but it has resulted in convictions before. I believe Zimmerman is going to have a very uphill battle to win this case. I don't think he will. But then people thought other cases were clear cut and dry. I guess you never know with a jury trial.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Zimmerman will never win this case in the eyes of the public, even if a jury says he is innocent.

Thanks
    EP Points

Media has been milking this as much as possible. New photos/video have been released. Makes a lot of sense to release it way after people get enraged.

Thanks

Hey guys, guess what?

Ding-ding! Zimmerman is part-Black!
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...atives-sanford

Trayvon was not killed based on his ethnicity. He thought that he was up to no good, so he followed him and confronted the kid. While I think he made a mistake by following him when instructed by the 911 operator not to, that doesn't mean he's "racist" at all.
    FORCES OF STEEL: UNIVERSAL METAL FORUM

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistereyedee View Post
    Hey guys, guess what?

Ding-ding! Zimmerman is part-Black!
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...atives-sanford

Trayvon was not killed based on his ethnicity. He thought that he was up to no good, so he followed him and confronted the kid. While I think he made a mistake by following him when instructed by the 911 operator not to, that doesn't mean he's "racist" at all.
    It's the outside that counts and people believe he looks white

black, hispanic, white = best combination

Thanks

Looks like Trayvon wasn't that defenseless-
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...efense-claims/

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...in;contentBody wtf

I remember reading an article sometime yesterday that mentioned an autopsy revealed traces of marijuana in his system

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by -NTA- View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...in;contentBody wtf

I remember reading an article sometime yesterday that mentioned an autopsy revealed traces of marijuana in his system
    yeah i read that too. they also say that his knuckles were all bruised up so he did some hitting himself.

Thanks
    EP Points

Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy'

^Where's the public outrage? If anyone decided to be a "white rights" advocate (ala Jesse Jackson etc) and publicly speak out against a case like this they'd be labeled a racist and ridiculed for it. Am I the only one who sees something wrong here?

tl;dr, If Trayvon Martin hadn't been black this story would have never seen as much exposure as it did.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 22nd-May-2012 at 05:25.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy'

^Where's the public outrage? If anyone decided to be a "white rights" advocate (ala Jesse Jackson etc) and publicly speak out against a case like this they'd be labeled a racist and ridiculed for it. Am I the only one who sees something wrong here?

tl;dr, If Trayvon Martin hadn't been black this story would have never seen as much exposure as it did.
    tumblr_m0d2c07iRw1qcqm5r.jpg
    The media is to blame for jumping to conclusions. The first picture most people initially saw was him at a younger age than he was now. Later a video was released where Zimmerman looked fine and weeks later video of Martin at the store and a picture of Zimmerman's wounds appear. I don't know what the process is for releasing this stuff but they waited a bit late.

Thanks

^ Neither do I, but it's the only place that supports life thus far.
    As for the media, they could be making everything worse, for example, lying only to get more people to buy the papers and stuff.
    It does happen.
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...ff-in-48-hours

The Judge didn't like how Zimmerman lied to get a lower bail, nor how much his website raised. He revoked his bond and sent him back to jail.