Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kid Shot For Being Black

Thanks

billy jo: gawd da*n Bubba jay, did you hear about that nappy haired kid getting shot dead gewd recently?
    Bubba jay: yuh talkin about dat dad of prince?
    billy jo: hayl no jay, martin luther king died ages ago, I'm talking about sum kid over in florida getting shot in some geated communitay recently for being black.
    Bubba jay: Well that's one worry off da street.
    anywho yeah it's pretty f'ed up this happened and it's even worse that he shot a kid :/
    Last edited by potter214; 30th-March-2012 at 14:06.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    Surveillance video of the police dealing with Zimmerman was leaked.

Surprisingly enough, no sign of blood or injuries on the guy.
    So pretty much Trayvon didn't do anything? Is that what they're trying to say???

Anyway, there were a lot of black kids posting on this website MyYearbook of them with hoodies and shit on, honestly, it's nice to respect someone, but I'd rather not take in a part of that. I guess it's their choice, like in our school when this kid died in a car crash just earlier this year, everyone has a blue ribbon on them now 'cause of it. And it's our remembrance to him.

But yeah, that's my take.

I think all of this shit is just whack man.

Thanks

Not surprisingly, Alex Jones has come out against the story. He says the media has made everything up! And Zimmerman is 100% innocent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9PmqhYkr4w

Thanks

Yeah, Alex Jones can go fuck a bag of bones.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...E8S_story.html

Poor Zimmerman. Guess we all should donate to his paypal, because of his life altering event.

No shit, you killed somebody, it IS a life altering event. You should have thought of that, BEFORE you killed somebody with your own hands.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just don't understand why "Zimmerman"s hispanic ass had any right to wonder what a black kid was doing in his community... fail
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks

I think the law could not distinguish discrimination & other guilts in the real world. Only religions can do it, but the prerequisite is to obey the commandments in any religion. No commandment, no real belief.

Thanks

Why should anyone want to donate to Zimmerman's defense fund? He could have avoided the whole situation and now he wants donations? I mean most people would have defended themselves if some random person comes after you like Zimmerman did to that kid. It is sick that he still claims that he did nothing wrong.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This thing is still going?

Quote Originally Posted by jmurjeff View Post
    Why should anyone want to donate to Zimmerman's defense fund? He could have avoided the whole situation and now he wants donations? I mean most people would have defended themselves if some random person comes after you like Zimmerman did to that kid. It is sick that he still claims that he did nothing wrong.
    Erm, because if a teenager in peak physical condition who's my size was on top of a middle aged short asthmatic dude and bashing his skull in and the guy on bottom happened to pull a gun on him it's kinda self defense? Don't let those extremely dated Trayvon photos fool you, the person who died in that street was fucking huge and covered in gang tattoos. Which, y'know, is kind of going to railroad the eventual trial pretty fucking hard. When he gets acquitted (which he will), watch the utter shitstorm happen. Whether it's from black people who feel this is blatant racism or white people eager to show how un-racist they are for sticking up for what can only be a race issue.

Also, guy allegedly had a backpack full of women's jewelry and an improvised home invasion kit. Anyone look into the number of break ins after this happened? Get back to me on that.

So, uh, maybe it's not a good idea to immediately assume guilt and buy the first round of info that comes out? I mean, in the long run it's starting to seem a lot more like 2 sided idiocy that lead to someone trying to protect themselves from what was clearly severe physical injury. Someone who had no reason to be in the area in the first place (who also initiated the physical assault) died. The law of the state says that's acceptable. Zimmerman is getting a bit of a raw deal from the media who jumped on the story before much info got out and were eager to play up the "sweet little black kid (who was a massive late-teens gangster wannabe athlete who was repeatedly in and out of school on suspension) gets shot by white guy (who isn't even white in the first place) for being black" angle.
    Last edited by Raype; 5th-May-2012 at 01:57.

Thanks

To be fair, even if Zimmerman is completely and utterly innocent of any wrongdoing (and I certainly don't agree so) there's still a lot to look at with distaste in the whole incident. Any cops who apparently think that self-defense claims are a reason to let someone walk away from the crime scene are either too stupid to hold a law enforcement position or so badly trained/compromised that its indicative of a systemic issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    This thing is still going?

Erm, because if a teenager in peak physical condition who's my size was on top of a middle aged short asthmatic dude and bashing his skull in and the guy on bottom happened to pull a gun on him it's kinda self defense? Don't let those extremely dated Trayvon photos fool you, the person who died in that street was fucking huge and covered in gang tattoos. Which, y'know, is kind of going to railroad the eventual trial pretty fucking hard. When he gets acquitted (which he will), watch the utter shitstorm happen. Whether it's from black people who feel this is blatant racism or white people eager to show how un-racist they are for sticking up for what can only be a race issue.

Again I am not saying the teenager/young adult was innocent. However, I am claiming that the whole situation could have been avoided. He made a 911 call prior to the whole gun shot situation. Your using a red herring technique and nowhere did I claim the teenager was innocent. I claim that the whole situation could have been avoided. I don't know how the whole situation started. For all I know Zimmerman could have attacked the guy. Or vice verse. We may never know. However, when the dispatcher tells you not to follow someone and you still do it, then you should be held accountable but as you say probably wont.

Under Florida stand your ground laws, he may get off. I think the law needs to be more defined. I mean it basically never covers situations like this. I mean I guess in Florida you could go up to some huge biker dudes curse them out get beat up and then shoot them. The way I read the law you get off in that situation. Maybe there is more too it but maybe he should get off according to the law.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Again I am not saying the teenager/young adult was innocent. However, I am claiming that the whole situation could have been avoided. He made a 911 call prior to the whole gun shot situation. Your using a red herring technique and nowhere did I claim the teenager was innocent. I claim that the whole situation could have been avoided. I don't know how the whole situation started. For all I know Zimmerman could have attacked the guy. Or vice verse. We may never know. However, when the dispatcher tells you not to follow someone and you still do it, then you should be held accountable but as you say probably wont.

Under Florida stand your ground laws, he may get off. I think the law needs to be more defined. I mean it basically never covers situations like this. I mean I guess in Florida you could go up to some huge biker dudes curse them out get beat up and then shoot them. The way I read the law you get off in that situation. Maybe there is more too it but maybe he should get off according to the law.
    Nor did I claim Zimmerman isn't a huge moron who is partially to blame for not backing off if that's what actually happened. But let's assume he wasn't lying about anything for a moment, because thus far the evidence seems to say he's been honest. In which case he turned around and went home after being told to do so. Trayvon then came back and attacked him. Until I see some evidence to the contrary, I'm not about to claim he followed anyone in any capacity beyond what was necessary for police assistance. But even if he did stalk the kid (while avoiding a mere recommendation, in the rain, on a public street, which gives something of a tenuous legal grounds for guilt anyway) I think that given how he's been subject to pretty blatant media propaganda (hello doctored photos, edited phone calls, and selective reporting) it's not exactly unreasonable for certain people to want to help out a guy who's been massively (and unjustly) shat upon. The fact that you think he followed anyone after being told not to when there's no evidence he did is evidence enough to show that more than a little happens to be wrong with how information on this case is getting out. That belief is a relic by this point, borne out of the days when everyone was still screaming "hate crime". Granted many still are. Look at this thread title. "Kid shot for being black". Not "Kid shot for being suspicious" or "Teen shot for being a lowlife". "Kid shot for being black". Because a 'white guy' can't shoot a black man without it being racially motivated. Everyone is still racist, of course. Just not in the way we're all condemning people of being. Food for thought.

Also, there were witnesses. The ones that weren't outright discredited (because everybody wants to cash in on this) should clear up what happened sooner or later. Granted they're also pretty much to blame. Instead of stepping in they decided the right thing to do is let the neighborhood watch member get beaten to death whilst screaming for their help.

In any case, I do agree on that law. But even without that law when you're being beaten severely, you seek assistance, and you're in immediate danger from an overpowering attacker and you happen to pull a gun, that's usually worth bringing up as self defense regardless of an insane law. It's not like he immediately went for the gun or had any other real options besides winding up in the ER with massive head trauma. Assuming he survived at all. Personally, I doubt SYG would have gotten as much press if it wasn't being used as the sole reason why "this horrible longtime KKK member and neo-nazi is going to get off scott free for murdering this cute little 13 year old boy whose only weapon was a bag of skittles".

Also, in that situation you described, yes that would still be a defense. Verbal abuse and physical assault are very different things. Self-defense (as in, general self defense, not just Florida's version) usually only really requires that you used appropriate levels of force to defend yourself against physical harm. If there's a risk those bikers would beat you to death, lethal means is fair game. "Having it coming" isn't exactly against the law. But then again you could very well argue that the verbal abuse constituted assault on the part of the guy being beaten by the bikers. Among other things. But yes, you'd probably get off on defending yourself in that situation. In pretty much any country in the world. With possibly some jail time for aggravating the whole situation (which would be a separate charge).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    To be fair, even if Zimmerman is completely and utterly innocent of any wrongdoing (and I certainly don't agree so) there's still a lot to look at with distaste in the whole incident. Any cops who apparently think that self-defense claims are a reason to let someone walk away from the crime scene are either too stupid to hold a law enforcement position or so badly trained/compromised that its indicative of a systemic issue.
    That too, but that's a whole other series of investigations.
    Last edited by Raype; 5th-May-2012 at 10:34.

Thanks

Nor did I claim Zimmerman isn't a huge moron who is partially to blame for not backing off if that's what actually happened. But let's assume he wasn't lying about anything for a moment, because thus far the evidence seems to say he's been honest. In which case he turned around and went home after being told to do so. Trayvon then came back and attacked him. Until I see some evidence to the contrary, I'm not about to claim he followed anyone in any capacity beyond what was necessary for police assistance. But even if he did stalk the kid (while avoiding a mere recommendation, in the rain, on a public street, which gives something of a tenuous legal grounds for guilt anyway) I think that given how he's been subject to pretty blatant media propaganda (hello doctored photos, edited phone calls, and selective reporting) it's not exactly unreasonable for certain people to want to help out a guy who's been massively (and unjustly) shat upon. The fact that you think he followed anyone after being told not to when there's no evidence he did is evidence enough to show that more than a little happens to be wrong with how information on this case is getting out. That belief is a relic by this point, borne out of the days when everyone was still screaming "hate crime". Granted many still are. Look at this thread title. "Kid shot for being black". Not "Kid shot for being suspicious" or "Teen shot for being a lowlife". "Kid shot for being black". Because a 'white guy' can't shoot a black man without it being racially motivated. Everyone is still racist, of course. Just not in the way we're all condemning people of being. Food for thought.

Also, there were witnesses. The ones that weren't outright discredited (because everybody wants to cash in on this) should clear up what happened sooner or later. Granted they're also pretty much to blame. Instead of stepping in they decided the right thing to do is let the neighborhood watch member get beaten to death whilst screaming for their help.
    Ok maybe I am wrong and he didn't follow after the dispatcher told him not to. However, what would you do if someone was following you? I don't know what the right choice would be. I mean it is clear that Zimmerman was tracking the teenager. Now you know usually when someone is following you. Your close to home I believe, would you confront the person or just go home? That is a question. On one hand I can understand that you may think this person could be a threat to you and your family. On one hand maybe going home avoids confrontation. But maybe going home results in a crazy man going to your house.

Now Zimmerman's mistake if he does not get off is talking to the cops without a lawyer. He couldn't have been in a clear mind after the confrontation. No one directly witnessed the actual fight and shooting between them I do not believe. People were staying in their homes. They heard the noise but could not actually determine who said what. This maybe why there is so much media speculation.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok maybe I am wrong and he didn't follow after the dispatcher told him not to. However, what would you do if someone was following you? I don't know what the right choice would be. I mean it is clear that Zimmerman was tracking the teenager. Now you know usually when someone is following you. Your close to home I believe, would you confront the person or just go home? That is a question. On one hand I can understand that you may think this person could be a threat to you and your family. On one hand maybe going home avoids confrontation. But maybe going home results in a crazy man going to your house.

Now Zimmerman's mistake if he does not get off is talking to the cops without a lawyer. He couldn't have been in a clear mind after the confrontation. No one directly witnessed the actual fight and shooting between them I do not believe. People were staying in their homes. They heard the noise but could not actually determine who said what. This maybe why there is so much media speculation.
    I would initially attempt to lose my pursuer and, failing that, verbally confront the person following me to see why I am being followed. I would not, however, proceed to pin someone to the ground and give them a severe head injury when they're clearly not much of a physical threat. If it was all a huge misunderstanding, it could easily have been handled with words. Zimmerman's history doesn't exactly showcase that he's one to resort to violence (his cited criminal record arrest resistance was non-violent and the charges were dropped because of this). Even a cursory glance at Trayvon's twitter account (complete with sneering gold-grill showcasing mugshot), meanwhile, showcases how "hardcore" he is and how he has taken swings at people in the past. Call me crazy, but I think that maybe the guy who has a history of not handling his problems with words might just be the guy who resorted to violence in this case when the other guy has a history of relying on vocal disagreement and pepper spray.

Also, that law works both ways. He could easily have relied upon a strong form of self defense if he were followed that far. But he wouldn't have been aware of that because SYG isn't even that prominent of a law and I doubt most people in the state were aware of it before it became a big deal in this case. Were a crazy guy to follow me home, I could defend myself there easily. Home turf advantage. Furthermore, he had family and/or friends in the area that would provide useful backup. He could even have simply attempted to lose his pursuer along the way. Which he did, he just chose to come back and "jump" Zimmerman. Maybe Trayvon really hates Mexicans . There's dozens of options available without bumrushing a guy over a potential misunderstanding and forcing him to defend himself.

Fun fact: Zimmerman is 1/8 black.
    Last edited by Raype; 5th-May-2012 at 13:03.

Thanks

I would initially attempt to lose my pursuer and, failing that, verbally confront the person following me to see why I am being followed. I would not, however, proceed to pin someone to the ground and give them a severe head injury when they're clearly not much of a physical threat. If it was all a huge misunderstanding, it could easily have been handled with words. Zimmerman's history doesn't exactly showcase that he's one to resort to violence (his cited criminal record arrest resistance was non-violent and the charges were dropped because of this). Even a cursory glance at Trayvon's twitter account (complete with sneering gold-grill showcasing mugshot), meanwhile, showcases how "hardcore" he is and how he has taken swings at people in the past. Call me crazy, but I think that maybe the guy who has a history of not handling his problems with words might just be the guy who resorted to violence in this case when the other guy has a history of relying on vocal disagreement and pepper spray.

Well Zimmerman got the charges dropped. However it still shows history of violence. He was arrested for resisting officer with violence and battery of law enforcement officer. He got the charges changed which is common when you go to court with a lawyer. His ex-fiance had a restraining order on him.

Now Martin it seems was visiting his father because he was suspended. They only reveal he was suspended for 10 days for being in an unauthorized area. Now the family had the records sealed so you cannot know what that exactly means.

It is hard to determine if Martin had anything to do with any of the break ins. You would need to know how often he visited his father and when the break ins took place.

What I want to know is did Zimmerman conceal his gun or was it right in the open. If it is in the open I could understand Martin being concerned. You can speculate that he jumped him but it is not certain. Neither party looks good. However, the reason people claim he is a racist because of what was on his Myspace account. I don't know if I buy into Zimmerman's defense of his Myspace account was hacked. I would have to see IP logs to make that judgement.