Thread: Remember Beating The [Not So]Almighty Omega Weapon on FF VIII?

Thanks

Talking Remember Beating The [Not So]Almighty Omega Weapon on FF VIII?

I remember the first time I defeat that ugly but cool faced monster
    The moment winning theme come into play,hoping I could get a super item compared to how hard I defeat that wicked monster

List of item found appear....

Three Stars,an item I can get from Squall Card? OMG!

Time to rejunction,opening main window....

Hey,what's that new besides the tutorial?
    Well,only congratulations for.. Wha? oh I have beaten the strongest monster in the game !
    [I feel a bit proud of myself]

Thanks

I always felt that the junction system was a bad idea, but that is just my opinion. If you want to fight a stronger Omega Weapon, try fighting the stronger version (called Nemesis) in FFX, although there is a "cheap" way to win. FFXIII-2 also has Omega Weapon as well, and it can be recruited as an ally!
    How's it feel being beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah,I thought the junctioning system was strange, but I don't like the sphere system in ten, because I skipped a spell, and didn't realize till the game was almost over. I couldn't back which was frustrating because I needed the spell.UGH.

Thanks
    EP Points

Took me a year to beat Omega. I liked the junction system, mainly because it was so different to the series. I liked the sphere grid in FFX as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

The junction was confusing at first been then when i figured out that extra numbers of magic gave greater effects on the stats i was like holy cow i might be able to finish this game.

This guy takes forever but isn't hard especially if ya got heroes no not the characters xd.

Lastly i would like to mention my current challenge in FF8: Finish the game with no magic on stats also no use of stat boosters only weapon upgrades and GF abilities.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Simple solution:

1. Get rid of all of the offensive-type magic in your inventory other than meteor
    2. Junction something to Rinoa's Magic stat to jack it up (Triple comes to mind)
    3. Set up Rinoa with Auto-Haste
    4. Get into battle and get Rinoa into her Angel Wing mode
    5. Watch her annihilate Omega w/ Meteor
    6. ?????
    7. Profit!

Yes, it's incredibly cheap. Given the lame rewards given for beating it I don't see a problem here.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

I beat him the cheap way: using Heros to become temporarily invincible and spamming Limit Breaks with Squall and Xell while Rinoa was executing Angel Wing, dealing around 40,000 damage with Meteor. I think he died in about 3 minutes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    Yeah,I thought the junctioning system was strange, but I don't like the sphere system in ten, because I skipped a spell, and didn't realize till the game was almost over. I couldn't back which was frustrating because I needed the spell.UGH.
    You can always go back. You just need to get sphere levels again. It might take a while if you are really far, but you can always go back.

I really like the junction system. It doesn't feel like it was perfect or anything, but I like it was in the game. In most RPGs you are either restricted in the terms of abilities you can learn for each character, or the stats for characters are pretty much locked down to how you level and/or can only be advanced by leveling.

On the other hand, FF VIII is one of the very few RPGs of any kind where you can so easily and drastically change your characters stats on a whim, and I found that a ton of fun. It was pretty awesome to OSOK (one shot, one kill) bosses if you knew how to abuse the Junction system early in the game too. It feels like a game system that shouldn't be in the game, and I think it is more fun and better for it. It really invites you to abuse it, and experiment within the game, and that's great.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

Thanks

I liked the junction system because I could customize characters. Hated the fact that you didnt get anything good from defeating Omega though, I mean, cmon.