Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Japanese games in PCSX2

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Problems with Japanese games in PCSX2

So, I'm trying to play some Japanese games on my PS2 emulator, but *none of them* want to work. The load and everything, but there are 1px thick black lines every couple of inches through the screen, and the game runs so slow it's unplayable -- about 20-25 FPS.

Sorry if this seems like an obvious fix, but I really have no clue when it comes to this emulator.
    ~.oO Destiny is SO Overrated Oo.~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your emulator config, game you try to play and version of the emulator you try is information needed for a better help, anyway try with one of the latest svn versions 5133 is the latest one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SkylaDoragono View Post
    So, I'm trying to play some Japanese games on my PS2 emulator, but *none of them* want to work. The load and everything, but there are 1px thick black lines every couple of inches through the screen, and the game runs so slow it's unplayable -- about 20-25 FPS.

Sorry if this seems like an obvious fix, but I really have no clue when it comes to this emulator.
    Likely caused by GSdx, without the use of interlacing and so on.

Do provide more info about it, like PCSX2 version, computer specs? and the games you're trying to play.
    Also, if its the later version, post all info from the console window, as well screenshot of the plugins settings.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

maybe your bios?
    try switch it with japanese bios, maybe it will work,

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by flint47 View Post
    maybe your bios?
    try switch it with japanese bios, maybe it will work,
    PCSX2 is region free, so any BIOS you use will not have any effect on games you're trying to play.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Except for language select in many games in pal and for some usa games

Thanks
    EP Points

Ack, sorry to get back so late, guys.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron R17 Laptop, with the Intel Graphics Chip package, Win7-64, 6 GB of RAM, and Core i5 Processor. It runs English games and select few Japanese games fine with small amounts of lag (FF10 International and Phantasy Star Gen 1 I had no trouble with. Tales of Fandom 2, Tales of Symphonia (with English menu mod), and Phantasy Star Gen 2 have the described issue).

I'm using PCSX 0.9.8. I left out speed hacks (because none are set) and Game Fixes (set to auto load). Plugin settings are as follows:
    (Not sure if there's spoiler box code on this forum? Let me know and I'll fix it).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcsx01.png 
Views:	322 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	30484

Name:	pcsx02.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	30485

Name:	pcsx03.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	30486

Name:	pcsx04.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	30487

Name:	pcsx05.png 
Views:	1443 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	30488

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have and i7 processor, try the new svns http://pcsx2.net/svn.php and in speedhacks enable mtvu also you can try enable 8 bit textures in yor graphic plugin and use f9 in some games software plugin is better that hardware and for other setting use microv1 recompiler not supervu and normal in the two clamping modes that are the default ones
    Last edited by gladiator (psx datacenter); 28th-March-2012 at 07:33.

Thanks
    EP Points

@SkylaDoragono:

On VUs tab, set both VU0 and VU1 to microVU Recompiler, superVU Recompiler is very much outdated and mainly used for debugging purpose, so it has less compatibility compared to the newer recompiler.
    change the Clamping mode to Normal as well, or rather to the default one.

For the GSdx setting, enable the Native Resolution by checking a small box next to the PS2 Resolution.

Thanks
    EP Points

@meganova
    Well, that fixed the problem with the lines. However, it made Tales of Fandom 2 SLOWER and the screen kept jumping up and down. Tales of Symphonia still had speed problems, and on top of it the text windows were horribly glitched. Tried it with a clean ISO to make sure it wasn't the menu translation hack, and got the same thing. I didn't bother trying Phantasy Star Gen 2.

...on the plus side, it made some of my English games faster, especially Tales of the Abyss, so I'm... not really complaining. >>;;; But I'd still like to get those games working.

@gladiator
    ...I can't understand what you're trying to tell me to do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you try using any of the latest svns http://pcsx2.net/ in the svns part you can download the lates ones.
    In theses new versions there is a new speedhack MTVU for compuuters with three or more cores in many games you get a boost in sped using that hack
    In the graphic plugin Gsdx you can enable the 8 bit textures option and see if you get miore speed and in the new versions in the hacks part you cantry with the latest two to try to fix the lettersof Tales of Symponia.
    And you can also try using software mode of the GSDX in some games is more fast and in most of the games is more accurate using F9 you can change betten hardware and software and in rendering Threats put one less of the processors you have 1 selected and in this state sofware plugin is uselss.

Thanks
    EP Points

@meganova
    Well, that fixed the problem with the lines. However, it made Tales of Fandom 2 SLOWER and the screen kept jumping up and down. Tales of Symphonia still had speed problems, and on top of it the text windows were horribly glitched. Tried it with a clean ISO to make sure it wasn't the menu translation hack, and got the same thing. I didn't bother trying Phantasy Star Gen 2.

...on the plus side, it made some of my English games faster, especially Tales of the Abyss, so I'm... not really complaining. >>;;; But I'd still like to get those games working.
    Your GPU is what limiting your overall emulation performance, and I'm not sure how much GHz you have, but since you're using i5 processor,
    try using the latest SVN and enable the MTVU hack. Hope that will give you a bit of speed boosts.

Try using different Interlacing mode as well to fix the shaking screen problem.

and gladiator, try to re-structured your post a bit, so people won't get confused with what you're trying to say,
    Also, Software mode is only recommended to use if the person have good GPU and a strong CPU, enabling it will only make things worse than what it should be.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, after playing around a bit, I don't think it's the graphics that are the problem, I think it's the audio. I did what you suggested with the graphics and speedhacks, but it didn't change a damn thing. Out of curiosity, I messed with some of the audio settings, and while the audio was broken up, the speed of the opening sequence was 60FPS in Tales of Symphonia. I put it in my original SVN and messed with the audio settings, and noticed the same thing.

Suggestions?

Name:	pcsx06.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	30543
    From the old SVN.

Name:	Untitled-1-2.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	30544
    New one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Syncronizing Mode : ASynch Mix

Thanks
    EP Points

Welp. Not only did that completely break the audio and force it out of sync with the text, once it got past the opening sequence on Tales of Symphonia the FPS dropped to 0, and then the whole program completely locked up. Needless to say, I didn't bother to try the other games.