Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Tooth View Post
    I'll do my best.

I kind of know my japanese, so I'm not really that scared.
    BUT WHAT ABOUT CHINESE?

If i was remotely usefull (how ever unlikey that maybe) feel free to click the thanks button or share some rep.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have six tattoos. A Bob-omb on my shoulder, a sword/skull thing on the outside of my left arm, a barcode with my son's birthdate on my left wrist, a cross on my inner right arm with a ribbon that says "The Good Die Young," a vial of poison near that one, and this one that Jazz designed for me.

I'm going to get a few more, but have to wait to have some money again. Next thing on the docket is to finish the Master Sword design (still have to add a couple little things around it, never really got around to going back to finish that one), then get something on my left forearm to balance out the arm tattoos.

Thanks

I have 5. One nerdy, four not so much. All philosophically/religious themed.

To sum up:

Symbol of Torment (yes, the iconic ink from Planescape: Torment) on the right arm. Symbolises regret for what you've cost those around you and what you can do about it.
    Snake wrapped around a dagger on the left arm. Symbolises knowledge/wisdom and the sacrifices to gain it.
    Eightfold path symbol on the right chest. Obvious in its symbolism.
    Inverted pentagram on the left chest. Again, obvious symbolism.
    And an infinity symbol between the two.

Every bit of ink I have is basically linked in to the whole left hand path/right hand path idea. And as soon as my usual artist gets back I'll be looking at adding more. Probably either the wrists or around the base of the neck.

edit: To head things off, I think I'm lucky in that my current partner actually likes the whole tattoo idea. I put it down to her mother outright stating 'No, you may not have any tattoos while you live under my roof' clashing with her personal desire for ink. Not that it matters too much - right at the start some compromises were made on the whole body modification thing. I'll shave and lose some of the piercings, but the hair and ink were never up for negotiation.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 24th-March-2012 at 12:22.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know my Chinese...

Thanks
    EP Points

My personal view on tatts: I came in with none, I can go out with none. Although I do have some special artwork saved, incase I ever change my mind. As far as tattoos on other people, I don't mind one way or the other. Your body, your perogative.

I think some people get tattooed because the art has special significance to them... a real meaning. Others do it because they feel they have no control over other things in their lives, so they will take control of their skin, by having it inked.

Make sure you get your ink for the right reasons, Sweet Tooth. And take some advice from a biker/bass player bud of mine: Never get ink where you can't cover it with a T-shirt or shorts. Some (small-minded) people will judge you poorly because of your tatts, so you'll want to choose when/where to show them. All the best, dude.
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 25th-March-2012 at 04:04.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    My personal view on tatts: I came in with none, I can go out with none. Although I do have some special artwork saved, incase I ever change my mind. As far as tattoos on other people, I don't mind one way or the other. Your body, your perogative.

I think some people get tattooed because the art has special significance to them... a real meaning. Others do it because they feel they have no control over other things in their lives, so they will take control of their skin, by having it inked.

Make sure you get your ink for the right reasons, Sweet Tooth. And take some advice from a biker/bass player bud of mine: Never get ink where you can't cover it with a T-shirt or shorts. Some (small-minded) people will judge you poorly because of your tatts, so you'll want to choose when/where to show them. All the best, dude.
    Thanks bro!

If I get any ink, it'd be 'cause my religion means a lot to me, I know a lot of people, (Like my new girlfriend.) Don't believe in Religion, I just feel like it's a good way to show off my religion. And When I get my Cross Tattoo I'm probably gonna add some ribbons around it, and have the dates of my grandparent's death dates, which is what a lot of my friends have done lol. All of my ink, will definitely have a significant meaning to it. Lol.

Thanks

419112.jpgThis is my third tattoo all of which were done by myself my others are a kanji I will eventually cover up and cartoon link.
    For anyone who might not recognize the image it is Ayla from Chrono Trigger.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Damn I wish I had the money to get a tattoo right about now. my friend Nick just got a full-back tattoo. With the Magic: The Gathering Symbols on them and a pentagram with some weird relic thingies on it. Took forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Tooth View Post
    it signifies my religion and crap, so yeah lol. And she's getting Angel wings with "John 3:16" Underneath em.
    They way you don't give a shit about religion, you shouldn't get one, you'll burn in hell. Also make that Austin 3:16 as well. For the same notgiveafuck reason.

I have a tat on my forearm, just big text that is pretty much the reverse of yours.
    No Limit.

Thanks

I might get one on my right arm sometime. It would probably (At least it's what I have in mind now, might change.) be a sentence in Latin. Patris, et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Also, if you can read that without using a translation program, I'll give you $100. ...No, no I won't. I will give you some rep however.

Thanks

Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

If you're going for the religious angle, its typically written as In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

If you're going for the religious angle, its typically written as In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
    Mm, true.

Thanks
    EP Points

One on my upper arm. Piercings everywhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

A lot of religious folk on here! Interesting. I was going to get the "no smoking" sign on my arm or something as a constant reminder to quit but I've already quit without the need of that one haha. Now I'm not jumping to get one anytime soon but I've always liked the idea. Perhaps an illustration by my favorite artist/author Clive Barker or something gaming/nostalgia related...like a Rayman tattoo. I'm talking old school Rayman 1 or 2 related tattoo. Bet you don't see many of those on the street.

Thanks
    EP Points

My cousin's fiancee has the most amazing tattoos, and she sort of inspired me to get one from the same place, so I asked a very artistically gifted friend to design it for me a couple of months ago. I'm going to wait a few years and see if I still want it, though. It's a pretty big decision, after all.

There's also the problem of trying to live and work in Japan with tattoos. Suffice to say the Japanese... don't look particularly fondly on them in the professional world.