Thread: Help with Pokemon White

Thanks

Default Help with Pokemon White

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well! I apologize if this shouldn't be here...

Anyway, I came here to ask about an issue I've had with the Pokemon White ROM that I've downloaded from the site (by the way, thanks for making these available!). I seem to not be able to get any experience points whatsoever. The ROM works perfectly fine otherwise. I've tried to find a patched or alternate versions of the game but it seems that I'm quite incapable when it comes to these kinds of things. I found a patch while browsing through the forums (retrogame fix) and downloaded it, then used WinRAR for it. I dragged the file over OpenPatch.exe, clicked ok (where it created a new folder). Then, the Pokemon White file (that I got from the site) appeared in the same list as the OpenPatch.exe (so I'm assuming I did this wrong) and I tried to extract it. I've only done this because I tried to open the .exe but received an error message (I presume) in Japanese (not too sure, but the point is I don't understant it Also, I've tried the "Extract To" option with the OpenPatch.exe and I receive a similar message as before. ).

I'm using Desmume 9.5. I use Windows 7, have a AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 processor at 1.90 GHz, with 2.00 GB of RAM (does that help? maybe not...) I appreciate your efforts, and thank you for providing the ROM regardless!

Thanks
    EP Points

Try this patch, open and extract it to any folder.

Then drag your Pokemon White rom onto it(make sure it was a clean rom), and a backup file for it(.BAK) should be created after that.
    Ignore it, and try to load the patched rom(.NDS, which should be in the same folder) on DeSmuMe.

Also, update your DeSmuMe to the 0.9.7, though you may still get slight slowdown with your current specs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Try this patch, open and extract it to any folder.

Then drag your Pokemon White rom onto it(make sure it was a clean rom), and a backup file for it(.BAK) should be created after that.
    Ignore it, and try to load the patched rom(.NDS, which should be in the same folder) on DeSmuMe.

Also, update your DeSmuMe to the 0.9.7, though you may still get slight slowdown with your current specs.
    I tried the "extract to" on WinRAR on the open patch (I also downloaded this patch you provided) and had it placed into a folder, however I'm still getting the same message when I try to open it. I tried opening it from the folder and from the WinRAR and both times it did not work. I must be severely stupid if I can't get this to work, it's fairly simple lol

Thanks

Got around to getting it to work today and I figured it out! Next time I shouldn't try doing these things while my brain is mush while I'm studying Calc and Phsyics. Thanks a lot!