Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ISPs to Start Throttling Pirates

Thanks

my brother torrents even though i strictly told him not to because it slows things down for everyone else who uses the net in the house.....man this is just great....i guess i should start packing n head to canada.

anyone else feels the gov't just wants us all to -

Thanks

At this rate, the government will be indirectly controlled by corporations (which I believe has already happened). The last thing people need is more invasion of their privacy from what already happened withe the Patriot Act; if what the story says is true, then it will just be a Patriot Act but for corporations.
    How's it feel being beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

ISPs began throttling a few years back, but as of jan 1st 2012--you'll be charged extra $ as well
    #Archean_0's Uploads [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...0#post1431710] | #Found a ".dlc" file? Open it with [http://jdownloader.org/]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I've never paid much attention to US law really, but if Corporations can have the legal rights of an individual (which they did last time I read about it a while back)

I've been given the impression that the Patriot Act covers individuals and entities anyway......but I can't see how pirates could be covered by the act.
    Unless it's classified as economic terrorism, maybe

I dunno.

But......if you think about the big picture, this business of US ISP's throttling shouldn't surprise people given what's happened lately with file sharing, the media industry being retards (and government listening to them)......not to mention the mess the economy is in over there.

My condolences
    It does, excuse the poor wording on my part. The Patriot Act isn't something that corporations can use to snoop, only government agencies can (unless something changed).

The ISP should only be able to gauge based on volume of traffic.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Majinkura View Post
    my brother torrents even though i strictly told him not to because it slows things down for everyone else who uses the net in the house.....man this is just great....i guess i should start packing n head to canada.

anyone else feels the gov't just wants us all to -
    Canada has C-11 to worry about

anyone notice that with the governement they are ALWAYS causeing SOME kind of shit? i mean there hasnt been 1 day where there wasnt something to bitch about, like "taxes, SOPA, Black president, ISP antipiracy, megaupload, Kony, Iraq, etc...

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

It amazes me how much money is wasted in the States basically for organizations promoting "anti-freedom" and "anti-constitution". Most of which would've been considered communism during the Cold War and would've immediately been abolished in order to separate North America from the "hate mongerers" of the USSR... and now it's basically the government supporting communist and fascist ideals just to stop us from obtaining software that has willingly been distributed by people who have paid for it. Why can't they use this money for some good... like I don't know... maybe supporting the millions of out-of-work Americans who have been kicked out of their jobs due to out sourcing to other lower labour cost countries in order to make products for pennies rather than dimes. Also it might be a good idea to put some of that money into housing for the homeless and to support drug addicts with methadone programs, but also with alternative treatments that have shown very effective in European countries. It would also be nice to see them put more money into helping the mentally and physically disabled. Mentally disabled people are completely uncared for in North America. There's nowhere near enough room at hospitals for them to be admitted for in-patient programs. Ugh... sorry for the rant... I just hate seeing things like this where money is being wasted for the companies that clearly don't need any more money than they have. As if multi-million dollar salaries aren't enough already...
    "Nothing shows a man's character more than what he laughs at." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks

Thread needs in the US in the title to avoid silliness.
    No Limit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrex1212 View Post
    It amazes me how much money is wasted in the States basically for organizations promoting "anti-freedom" and "anti-constitution". Most of which would've been considered communism during the Cold War and would've immediately been abolished in order to separate North America from the "hate mongerers" of the USSR... and now it's basically the government supporting communist and fascist ideals just to stop us from obtaining software that has willingly been distributed by people who have paid for it.
    Considering who is in the White House right. . .no surprise at all. A lot of people claimed Obama looked up to Ayers and Alinsky(Underground Weatherman/Terrorist and Communist during 1960's)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Graeystone View Post
    Considering who is in the White House right. . .no surprise at all. A lot of people claimed Obama looked up to Ayers and Alinsky(Underground Weatherman/Terrorist and Communist during 1960's)
    Tin foil warning.

My ISP already blows dick, so this won't effect me. Yay.

Thanks

ha if this happens then I'll boycott all online media and services. ( of course that will only be happening once I'm bunking a room with some big black guy named bubba brotha in prison)
    so nothing will stop me, ahahahaha... nah I'll just quit pirating till things cool down

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graeystone View Post
    That's insane. I must admit ever since he was elected I haven't looked into much of his politics other than some of the more serious issues since I'm a Canadian and with the sickening Conservative government we've had here (many, many problems; first Prime Minister to ever dissolve parliament with a prorogation in mid-term) it's been hard to focus on what Obama's been doing to screw over the States enough to wonder why anybody wanted him to win in the first place... of course after Bush for two terms it would be pretty impossible to want a Republican government again. Although I do think McCain would've done a decent job due to how truly American he is. I think he really is a republican but he never seemed as right wing as most of the other republican presidents from what I saw of him.

I could be very wrong, but with the moronic stunts Obama has been pulling... I hope he isn't re-elected. I really wanted him to be voted in simply for his stance on the war on drugs and the DEA as a whole. Along with the fact that he claimed many times that Marijuana should be treated in the same way as alcohol. I haven't smoked pot since College but with the insane amount of violent crime committed by people under the influence of alcohol, it makes me absolutely clueless as to how; with the many documentaries, and many advocates of responsible treatment of marijuana as something treated like cigarettes and alcohol, I really don't know where people's heads are at. The worst crime I ever thought of doing on weed was stealing a box of twinkies, but I was too paranoid to even actually put any legitimate action into place.

I'm curious though, will anybody here be voting for Obama for re-election?
    Last edited by andrex1212; 30th-March-2012 at 16:57.
    "Nothing shows a man's character more than what he laughs at." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks

believe it or not I like Obama as president, but I won't vote for him again :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by potter214 View Post
    believe it or not I like Obama as president, but I won't vote for him again :/
    Its not that hes black, he has horrible policies and couldn't even follow his promises.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I hate this country.
    It brings tears to my eyes when someone says something this beautiful.

Maybe one day I can live in non Jersey Shore influenced American Eagle populated CNN bullshitted country..

Thanks
    EP Points

This is nothing new, Comcast in particular has been throttling bandwidth/sending out notices related to piracy for years. One example...

Back in 2008 when I was going through comcast cable I received a letter stating they were imposing a 25gB/month bandwidth limit (combined upstream/downstream); if you went over this amount your bandwidth would be throttled down, I assume to try and limit pirates in some form or fashion. A few days after receiving this notice I had used ~4gB of downstream (nowhere near the 25gB limit, even including upstream) and was promptly throttled down to DSL speeds. A phone call and 2 hours later the issue was resolved.

This along with several stories I've heard from friends & acquaintances over the years regarding receiving letters in the mail over downloading torrents (newer movies in particular) tells me this is nothing new.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"