Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ePSXe v.1.7.0 compatibility list thread

Thanks

Thanks man, now I can finally finish this game, thanks for getting the time to help me, and keep doing this great work.

Thanks

Final Fantasy Anthology - Final Fantasy V (NTSC-US) (I've tested version 1.0 and 1.1 using Redump method 1:1 copy and the originals).
    I have some problems using Pete Opengl v29. I've tried all the settings with this game but same results: missing textures on the intro screen when the castle appear. If I use Pete opengl 177 and Peops Soft Driver v118 the problem disappear. I don't want to use those plugins because the quality is not good like the Pete Opengl v29. So I think the problem is within the plugin or my video card.
    What I can do to resolve this problem?
    My specs are: Windows 7 32bit, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT 512DDR3, 2GB DDR II etc.
    Another question: Pete Opengl v29 is used especially for 3D games and Peops Soft Driver v118 for 2D/2.5D games?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ryuhabayusa; 5th-June-2012 at 19:22.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ryuhabayusa View Post
    I have some problems using Pete Opengl v29. I've tried all the settings with this game but same results: missing textures on the intro screen when the castle appear. If I use Pete opengl 177 and Peops Soft Driver v118 the problem disappear. I don't want to use those plugins because the quality is not good like the Pete Opengl v29. So I think the problem is within the plugin or my video card.
    What I can do to resolve this problem?
    I would try either of the "Pete's D3D" drivers and see how they perform. Though, I personally didn't particularly like the PS1 translation of FFV, I would recommend the GBA version despite not including any FMVs. It also includes a bonus dungeon and four extra character classes. Though of course, it's up to you.

Another question: Pete Opengl v29 is used especially for 3D games and Peops Soft Driver v118 for 2D/2.5D games?
    Pretty much yes, I've noticed 2D games do perform and look significantly better using Peops Soft Driver, while the rest seem to work better with 3D games overall.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

MaslowK to tell you the truth I don't see looking better FFV using Peops than Opengl v29... That's why I was thinking to find a solution.
    Do you know or someone else knows what does texture filtering?
    Here are the options:
    1. Standard - Glith will happens
    2. Extended - Remove black borders
    3. Standard w/o sprites - unfiltered 2D
    4. Extended w/o sprites - unfiltered 2D
    5. Standard + smoothed sprites
    6. Extended + smoothed sprites
    Those options are undocumented sadly. I didn't find what they means or use. The only thing that I find in the readme was this:
    You can try to improve the texture look with texture filtering. But be aware
    that the real psx doesn't support filtering, so most psx games are not designed
    to run such textures. Result: glitches. No way around that, if you don't like it,
    turn filtering off, and better use the "screen filtering" feature.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

First the thread is for compatibilty problems only so for any other comments use othr parts of the forum , about the game only run in epsxe using the -i command and for the graphics problems press f7 to change to the software plugin and then f7 again to use the opengl2 with the entry configuration and all the missing texture problems are gone.

About the plugins i use only opengl2 with teXture filter 6 but some games don`t likie the 6 and i use the 2 with the shader 5 GLSlang files

Thanks

Man you know I love you
    The problem is resolved for the moment (I hope that later in the game this problem don't appear again).
    Another question: what audio plugin is best to use with FFV? I've used the one on psx datacenter (Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 with the settings provided by you) but I have one big problem: if I use save states then load the save state no sound will hear sadly . Do you how to resolve this?
    And sorry for the off-topic but on the readme's that options are undocumented so I don't know what options does on the emulator (can you answer me my question with a P.M. please?)
    Anyway thanks for your great help!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The issue with savestates in general is that most of the time they don't recover the sound properly, is better to pause the game before make a savestate.

About the options, the most common ones are explained in the ePSXe guide of the Datacenter, I can't remember the others...

Thanks

Sadly as I presumed, Final Fantasy V doesn't work correctly (missing textures) if you are using Opengl v29
    The trick you mention work on the beginning and in some places but later in the game the same problem. It's akward to use F7 everytime when the textures are missing and sometimes this trick doesn't work at all.
    So, for the moment from my point of view it has some little glitches if you use Opengl v29.
    If I used epsxe sound core instead of eternal I get some sound stuttering. I resolved this problem using eternal for the moment with the configuration provided by you on psx datacenter.
    About the problem with the save state it was with some incompatibility between sound cores: I have saved the game using epsxe sound core then change to eternal and load the save state; if you do this the sound will disappear/missing. If you use eternal and save the game using eternal no missing sound (problem resolved )
    Last edited by ryuhabayusa; 12th-June-2012 at 13:15.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The use of the f7 key is to solve the graphics that the hardware plugins can't show correctly and the other is normal the sound only recovers with the same plugin using savestates to use other plugin you need to load with a memory card save.

Thanks

By the way did you know about the problem with the sound stuttering Epsxe core on Final Fantasy V?
    I think you don't understand or maybe me but about the f7 trick: I use f7 when graphics are missing (it will change to peops soft gpu when I press f7) the problem will be fixed for the moment but when I go to other places again I will have to use it because the graphics will be missing (maybe I'm wrong but that is my problem).
    Anyway as always thanks for your response and help

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

About the sound stuttering maybe you can play the game using the software video plugin and that way the game could be faster for you or you can try using eternal spu if the internal ePSXe doesn't sound well in your PC for that game. Reducing the graphic filters will also help to improve the emulation speed.

Thanks

It's very interesting about the sound shuttering. It occured only when I use epsxe core sound even if I use software/opengl/directx plug-in (the shuttering came from sound plugins not video plugins).
    I think for my comp config the best sound plugin is eternal spu. By the way Gladiator from your point of view which is best: epsx sound core or eternal spu (not lite)?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In compatibility ePSXe sound core is more compatible (most audio tracks can only be played using ePSXe plugin), in quality it depends of the game, some of them got better sound using ePSXe one, but it depends of each user, for some users eternal spu sounds better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    Since the old epsxe v170 compatibility list thread is now lost forever and anyway i was the one that created it I think that is time to post it here specially since all the test were made for the Playstation Datacenter project.

I'll be adding games so keep looking this thread.

LAST UPDATE:
    8-March-2012 15:40 PM CET

This is the DEFAULT CONFIGURATION (use other at your own risk):

SPECIAL COMMANDS: (needed for some games)

KNOWN BUGS: (needed for some games)

In the next posts of this thread is the compatibility list divided by letters.

Thanks

Hi guys, I´m trying to play Spawn the Eternal, but until now I had no luck, here says that he works perfect so I don´t know whats the problem. I used the same configuration it´s posted in the psxdatacenter and didin´t work, all I got is a black screen, the game don´t start just stay in the black screen and nothing more. I´m using the Pete's OpenGL Driver v2.9, I even changed the Bios and dind´t work, used soft driver and stil not work, so any help would be great, thanks.