EP Points

Thumbs up Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor 2 [U]

[NDS] Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor 2 [U]

smtds2USAboxart.jpg

Game Information :
    Developer : Atlus
    Publisher : Atlus
    Platform : Nintendo DS
    Release date : 28 July, 2011(JP) | 28 February, 2012(NA)
    Genre : Tactical role-playing
    Mode : Single-player
    Rating : CERO - B | ESRB - T

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, known in Japan as Devil Survivor 2 (デビルサバイバー2?), is a role-playing game for the Nintendo DS. It is a sequel to the 2009 Nintendo DS role-playing game
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. It was released in Japan on 28 July 2011 and in North America on February 28, 2012.

Unlike the first game in the series, where the plot concentrates in Tokyo, Japan, the setting of Devil Survivor 2 spans the whole country. It tells the story of Japanese high school students who received an email from a
    website foretelling deaths showing a video of their deaths. Later, mysterious creatures invaded the whole country, and the students entered a pact, enabling them to summon demons. Due to the nature of the game,
    the plot may unfold differently depending on the actions of the player. Devil Survivor 2 has no relation with the first game in terms of plot, and it takes place in an alternate universe and timeline.
    Confirmed Working On :
    • DeSmuMe 0.9.10
    • No$GBA+No$ZOOMER (run with BIOS)
      Note:
      - This is a clean rom
      - not sure about flashcarts though
      - If you want the patched rom, go here(credit to ethanbrand).

Download Link(s) :
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. *All credit goes to the 'person' who dumped it early before the release date.
    Last edited by meganova; 25th-December-2013 at 02:11. Reason: link reup

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Whats the difference between a clean rom and a patched one?

Thanks

The clean rom is the official release, that have some regional and hardware protection codes in it. If you're using the emulator, it doesn't matter if the rom clean or patched - it works perfectly in 90%.
    But if you are downloading rom, to play it on game console (hardware, i mean), there's 90% probability, that it will doesn't launch, or work correctly.
    So, there's some guys, who do a some programming changes to a rom launch subprogram, to make this rom launch correctly without any regional-copy-protection problems.
    This is what patched rom is.

PS: There's some emulators, who works only with clean roms and doesn't work with patched. The developers of this emulators explains it as "We against piracy". So there's always be exceptions.
    Last edited by Arey109; 2nd-March-2012 at 09:43.

Thanks

Thank you for this. I was about to hunt for this from various sites that I have no idea if they're alive still.
    Tested on CycloDS evolution (fw 2.3) and works perfectly

Thanks

EP Points

Awesome! Finally the english version.
    Thanks!

Thanks

Nice! At first I thought this was going to be a direct sequel, but I guess its not due to the game description. It will be just as good as the first though .

Thanks

Emuparadise is always the greatest thank you guys for all your work and for posting this cheerss!

Thanks

Oh man! This is the real stuff. Been a fan of shin megami tensei series since SNES and I'm always in fear that the english version will never appear. Thanks a lot mate.

Thanks

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. CycloDS evolution needs this patch to get past copy protection.
    Without it the game will play all the way to level "Daichi's worth" where you'll meet a boss that you can't defeat if you haven't patched the game.
    How to patch: Just drag the .nds file to .exe and click "yes" and it will create .bak and patched .nds. Copy patched .nds to your SD card and enjoy.
    Also saved files from non patched work when you have patched the game.
    Tested yesterday and works. This patch was found from CycloDS forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MereBytes View Post
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. CycloDS evolution needs this patch to get past copy protection.
    Without it the game will play all the way to level "Daichi's worth" where you'll meet a boss that you can't defeat if you haven't patched the game.
    How to patch: Just drag the .nds file to .exe and click "yes" and it will create .bak and patched .nds. Copy patched .nds to your SD card and enjoy.
    Do you know if there's a patch for R4 users? Even that prepatched version has the copy protection in effect when used with R4/Wood

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Do you know if there's a patch for R4 users? Even that prepatched version has the copy protection in effect when used with R4/Wood
    Wood R4 has a firmware update (v1.45) that is supposed to work with the game. I haven't tested it though.

EDIT: tested it and it works.
    Last edited by Habeduh; 5th-March-2012 at 18:41.

Thanks

Yes, that version of Wood did indeed bypass the AP. Thank you very much for suggesting it. I always forget that firmware constantly has updates. It never even crosses my mind, for some reason. Anyway, thank you again

Thanks

i have my R4 with wood 1.45 ans i still get a white screen and with the parched edition in the intro it freezes i tested like 5 diferent roms an all do the same help me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MereBytes View Post
    Download Links:
    The patch doesn't work, it is giving an error message that it cannot find a .txt file, tried it with different clean roms and getting the same error